Best Laptop

thejld

Hey yall, i was just wondering your input on this I am going to be a freshman and was wondering what the best school laptop would be , my budget is 400-500. Thanks

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Oh 400-500....IMO that's netbook prices if your looking for a laptop that will last you well through senior year I recomend 1000-1300 but if your going that high just get a desktop....but I have a Sony VAIO 480 j/t laptop

apcoop7

I spent 800 on my Toshiba laptop 3 years ago and it seems to work still, even though it's kind of slowing down. Depending on the money you have and what you're using your laptop for, I'd spend 800-1000 for something reliable.

Itz CHARLEY

I agree. but its just to pricy. I asked my mom about t and she said no way unless I had a really good reason to get it. I spent alot of time looking at dell notebooks and they just didn't come close to the mac book pro. but they do cost alot less so Im not sure. I even looked at the alienware laptops which were very cool but they dont even have a built in optical drive.

thejld

Yea charles i was lookin at macs but their so much like over 1k, wats the differ between the pro and regular macbook, and what do u mean by optical drive. I would want a mac because they never get viruses and i like alll their miscilanious software like webmaking.

Itz CHARLEY

The Mac book pro has alot more processing power than the mac book, it's actually smaller in (length and width by about half an inch each), made out of solid aluminum, back lit keyboard, thinner, twice the RAM, and an SD card slot. It isn't much but it adds up. and an optical drive is a CD/DVD reader and burner

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Itz CHARLEY said:
The Mac book pro has alot more processing power than the mac book, it's actually smaller in (length and width by about half an inch each), made out of solid aluminum, back lit keyboard, thinner, twice the RAM, and an SD card slot. It isn't much but it adds up. and an optical drive is a CD/DVD reader and burner
wow now I want a mackbook pro now

lunosla

i have a toshiba nb205 netbook and its great but its like 350 but you should get like a dell net book for your price range

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

this is how the breakdown on quality is....I have resarched this and I have heard this by word of mouth...
SONY VAIO
DELL XPS
DELL Inspiron
HP compaq
TOSHIBA