Black OPS Host Delay / Ban Policy

azagorath

GO HERE TO FIND JUICY INFO ON HOST DELAY
THIS:
http://boards.ign.com/call_of_duty/b6860/199036765/p1

OFFICIAL CALL OF DUTY: BLACK OPS - SECURITY & ENFORCEMENT POLICY

Modders
Users who have modified their hardware and have run hacked script or code.(SUCH AS HARD DRIVE / CONSOLE **NOT ACCESSORIES) This includes modifying profile data to use illegal characters in a player’s name.

**NOTE THIS DOES NOT SAY MODIFIED ACCESSORY. A CONTROLLER IS AN ACCESSORY SO YOU CANNOT GET BANNED FOR IT.**

* • Instant permaban. You will no longer be allowed to play the game online. Console users who modify their hardware (Hard Drive / Console) or profile data will also be reported to the console manufacturers.

Boosters
Users who organize to exploit the game for the explicit purpose of ranking up very quickly or to appear in a high position on the leaderboards.

* • Minor offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, leaderboard entries removed once
* • Major offense: Temp ban, complete stats reset, permanent ban from appearing on the leaderboards
* • Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Glitchers
Users who go out of their way to exploit the game to grief other players. An example would be going outside of the map’s clearly defined playable boundary.

* • Minor offense: Temp ban from playing the game online
* • Major offense: Extended temp ban from playing the game online
* • Extreme or repeat offenses: Permaban from playing the game online

Offensive emblem makers
Users who create emblems that are sexually gratuitous or racially offensive.

* • Minor offense: 2-week ban from using the emblem editor, emblem reset to default, emblem purchases wiped
* • Major offense: Permanent ban from using the emblem editor

odingalt

Staff member
Re: Black OPS host delay

Constantly... it has to do with Microsoft and Activions' complete lack of respect for their customers. We pay $60/year for the XBOX Live Gaming "Service". For that $60 I receive unlimited advertising "buy this!" "Did you see this app yet!", no support, and no gaming host servers. The game is actually hosted on another players' console. Thus the lag. This is different than some PC games where the servers are actually dedicated (or at least virtual servers) servers running the software with better upload/download bandwidth and processing power to properly handle the task.

The XBOX 360 console itself combined with your typical residential upload/download (unless you are a lucky FIOS customer) speeds is not really appropriate for hosting a game. Unfortunately this is how hosting works on COD. And as long as customers keep buying the consoles and the games - and as long as the companies keep making record profits selling the games - they aren't going to change a thing.

I can tell you that I never would have purchased any COD games past the original Modern Warfare if it weren't for the fact that I own a mod shop. I dislike XBOX360 console platform with a passion.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Constantly... it has to do with Microsoft and Activions' complete lack of respect for their customers. We pay $60/year for the XBOX Live Gaming "Service". For that $60 I receive unlimited advertising "buy this!" "Did you see this app yet!", no support, and no gaming host servers. The game is actually hosted on another players' console. Thus the lag. This is different than some PC games where the servers are actually dedicated (or at least virtual servers) servers running the software with better upload/download bandwidth and processing power to properly handle the task.

The XBOX 360 console itself combined with your typical residential upload/download (unless you are a lucky FIOS customer) speeds is not really appropriate for hosting a game. Unfortunately this is how hosting works on COD. And as long as customers keep buying the consoles and the games - and as long as the companies keep making record profits selling the games - they aren't going to change a thing.

I can tell you that I never would have purchased any COD games past the original Modern Warfare if it weren't for the fact that I own a mod shop. I dislike XBOX360 console platform with a passion.
even fios isnt that good....

PS3andCOD

Contributor

PS3 is just as bad, if not worse. Every single game lags. I havn't played it in over 2 weeks, i just can't stand the crappy conection. They need to do something about it if they want me to buy anything off them again.

azagorath

odingalt said:

i agree with you , the service should be better than this

azagorath

PS3andCOD said:
PS3 is just as bad, if not worse. Every single game lags. I havn't played it in over 2 weeks, i just can't stand the crappy conection. They need to do something about it if they want me to buy anything off them again.
the problem with PS3 is that the network is trash :)

NYjetsNY1

azagorath said:
odingalt said:

i agree with you , the service should be better than this

COD: BO is the laggiest call of duty I have ever played.

azagorath

COD: BO is the laggiest call of duty I have ever played.[/quote]

true , lag compensation and hit detection is a major failure in this game multiplayer and honestly for the first time for me i feel like i don't wanna play COD any more due to developers constantly ****ing up

NYjetsNY1

azagorath said:

true , lag compensation and hit detection is a major failure in this game multiplayer and honestly for the first time for me i feel like i don't wanna play COD any more due to developers constantly ****ing up
[/quote]

Agreed, I hate the lag! I play a lot of WAW now.

azagorath

my upload speed is 6mb/s to the nearest server which should be ok but the problem is not in our end :)

azagorath

NYjetsNY1 said:
azagorath said:

Agreed, I hate the lag! I play a lot of WAW now.

if you would like to read what JD2020 says about lag compensation and other issues read this entire page , alot good juice in their
http://boards.ign.com/call_of_duty/b6860/199036765/p1/

PS3andCOD

Contributor

azagorath said:
PS3andCOD said:
the problem with PS3 is that the network is trash :)

That's wrong. It works just as well as live when teh game it's self works. There are serious issues with black ops.

NYjetsNY1

Black ops connection + knife blows. Turbo Knife = what COD knife should be like.

I sometimes knife 2 seconds before it registers as a kill / sometimes I knife and 2 seconds later I die because the enemy gets the knife kill even though I see my knife hit him. It is stupid :evil:

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
Black ops connection + knife blows. Turbo Knife = what COD knife should be like.

I sometimes knife 2 seconds before it registers as a kill / sometimes I knife and 2 seconds later I die because the enemy gets the knife kill even though I see my knife hit him. It is stupid :evil:
thats why you dont bring a knife to a gunfight.....personally i prefer when the knife is broken it keeps everything in CQC balanced.

NYjetsNY1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

thats why you dont bring a knife to a gunfight.....personally i prefer when the knife is broken it keeps everything in CQC balanced.

No I mean if they are right on you and you both knife, but I knife earlier, sometimes I won't get the kill. They will end up getting the knife kill because of the lag-difference.

Xx Binno xX

The best gaming is done on pc but to get a really good pc gets costly but its worth every penny plus the graphics are the best for pc gaming as well.

Halo reach has dedicate servers. Bungie actually listens too there customerds.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

XxbinnoxX said:
The best gaming is done on pc but to get a really good pc gets costly but its worth every penny plus the graphics are the best for pc gaming as well.

Halo reach has dedicate servers. Bungie actually listens too there customerds.
yes but halo is the one game on the market that makes me bang my head off of granite.

odingalt

Staff member

NYjetsNY1 said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

No I mean if they are right on you and you both knife, but I knife earlier, sometimes I won't get the kill. They will end up getting the knife kill because of the lag-difference.

Is this with the normal knife you mean? Does using the turbo knife help with this? I'm wondering if your turbo-knife glitch is some way to 'fool' the lag compensation. :)

Also I'm sticky'ing this thread as this link is AWESOME:

http://boards.ign.com/call_of_duty/b6860/199036765/p1/