Brand new Ragnarok issues. Appreciate some help

Steelhouse

Purchased online the Ragnarok controller and received it last night via FedEx. Bought it for my wife and her slight CoD addiction as a Christmas present. Wanted to set it all up so all she would have to do is turn on the Xbox a play.

Had some issues getting the modes to come on but eventually figured it out.

had some issues with freezing and not firing. Would have to change to secondary and back. Throwing grenades would not work until the game ended.

Could not shut off the mods all the way. holding the mod button and pressing/tapping/holding the A button would back me out of some of them but not all the way and rapid fire would still be present in some form or another.

Tried pulling battery pack (using Energizer Rechargable 2600 mAh AA Batteries) hoping that would reset the controller. It does not.

Downloaded software and plugged the controller in to 3 week old Dell `was able to "see" the controller. hoped there was a way to turn the mods off and there was not. So unplugged controller and it seems that I have blown 2 of my 3 USB ports.

Now, I am 41 and usually pretty good with electronics. I do automation and controls for my job in the steel industry. And I am at this point thinking I am not doing something correct. I have a help ticket but would like to trouble shoot this here if possible before I send it back not to receive it back before Christmas.

Any ideas?

Regards and thanks,
Steelhouse

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
There are 2 mod cancelers. The first one holding the tac then tap A button as u stated and the second one holding the tac and taping down on the

directional pad. One of them controls special functions like fast reloads or turbo knives, the second canceler controls the rapid fire functions. As far

as the freezing of the grenades i would need to know more information.

What button class do u use? Do u use default tactical or charlie button layouts? If u change the layouts in the game it will change the way your controller

works. Also did u try to change the button layout on your controller by holding the tac button and the Y button. If you changed the chips button layout and

u use the games pre-set layout it wont work right. The last thing that i can think of off the top of my head is if the software u booted up to your controller

didn't go through right then u have to un-install the software and re-install the software back onto the controller. This might be the reason why u r having

some technical issues. A lot of people don't know this but u really don't need to install the software on your controller. When you receive the controller

Viking pre programs the controllers with the latest V1.4 software.

Id just like to state that Im nothing more than a useful poster and Im just stating the scenarios i see that might be linked to your controller problems. I'm

just posting what i would look for and try out to fix the issues u are having. Only odin can really diagnose the issues you are having and he might tell you

the same things i listed for u to try out but after all of this if your controller still isn't working right u may have to open up a support ticket through the help

desk. But try my suggestions out and wait for odin to respond back to u before u open up any support tickets. Most the times it ends up to be some sort of

a simple thing that was just overlooked. Just try some of the things I mentioned and remember there are 2 canceler buttons so that is one reason why u

cant turn off your rapid fire. The controller remembers what mode u are in after u turn it off that why when u turn it back on the mods are still on.

Last edited:

Steelhouse

Thanks for the help!

That's why I wanted to see if there was something I overlooked. I will try out your suggestions. She uses tactical as the button layout. I will try again to get to the all mods are off point.

Actually the controller appeared to be shipped with ver. 1.5 of the software according to the programming software.

I will post my findings after I attempt the correct configurations.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Yea u will have to read your sheet and see what mode tactical is in. Then u will need to access it through holding tac & the Ythe button and counting the flashes. I wasent sure of what version was the newest but knowing that u just orderd it i know it has the latest setup installed. So find the tactical mode on your chip make sure the game is set to tactical and then everything should work right. Everything is set to default so u will manually have to set all these modes up.

odingalt

Staff member
#1 solution to all problems: use fresh batteries.

Do not use AA batteries that say "original equipment accessory" on them (check closely, typically these look like new duracells but they have that wording on them and they are "B" grade batteries)

If all else fails it could be a hardware issue and you might have to send it back in :-x Using fresh batteries is the most common fix for all issues with modded controllers. Even a fully charge play-and-charge. It doesn't necessary have to be alkaline or rechargeable, but just try a different set, or try playing with the play-and-charge cable plugged in.

Snuffy

Steelhouse, I discovered that alkaline batteries give better results than rechargeables in my Ragnarok. I tried Sanyo eneloop rechargeables and the regular Energizer alkalines. I am currently experimenting with Energizer lithiums. The rechargeables say 1.2 volts on the pack, my meter reads 1.42 average when fully charged. Regular batteries labeled 1.5V are averaging 1.62 out of the pack. But the lithiums are 1.82 volts out of the pack! I remember sombody telling me that rechargeable batteries are current items and alkalines are voltage items. I'm sure Matt and Brian can explain it a lot better on the controllers being either voltage or current controlled. You may want to try alkalines, they work better for me, but everyone's mileage will vary!

Last edited:

Steelhouse

Snuffy, thanks for the info. I tried several types of batteries. From lithiums to three types of rechargeables to four.brands of AA's. even the play and charge cable based on all the helpful recommendations. Unfortunately, no go. I can't turn off the mods to start at zero.

I have the help desk return number. I am going to send it back

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

Sorry to hear about that man. Unfortunately it happens from time to time but viking does an excellent job in getting it fixed and back to u free of charge. Out of all companies Ive ever been through I never found another company that can supply as much support that viking brings to the table. They truly do care about the customers satisfaction and provide the best support out of everyone. The community in these forums is just amazing. People find the most craziest things and share it with everybody. If u want to know really cool mods i can help u out. If u play MW3 I can give u a rapidfire speed that makes absolutely 0 recoil on the G36C assault riffle. Its things like this that the community finds out that makes viking so amazing. Viking truly sets the curve that other companies strive to follow. Viking usually does it first before any other company does "as far as new mods". The viking macro allows users to make there own mods so we can make all the mods before any other company can make and sell their mods and they still cant replicate the modes we make!!! So ya just wanted to say viking rocks.