Burst Mode

Flyboy

I just got my controller yesterday and am still trying to figure out the settings. My question is "can you make an auto weapon, a burst fire weaon"? For example my favorite gun is the ACR, I would like to make it a 4 or 5 burst weapon instead of fully auto. Thanks

odingalt

Staff member
This is something I haven't tried. But the gist is that when you turn on burst firing, the mod uses the rapidfire speed mode you are on, to determine how fast the burst should be. Does that make sense? So you'd turn on burst firing but then start adjusting your rapidfire speed up or down to see if you can get it working smoothly on the ACR.

Flyboy

I think I tried that but I will again tonight. Maybe I turned rapid fire on first I'm not sure. I haven't been able to get burst fire to work on any assult riffle except the single shot ones. Love my MK14. I'll let you know what happens.

Thanks

Flyboy

Well, I tried it just now on the ACR, M4 and the Scar and I couldn't get any of them to burst fire. I put burst mode on first then went through the rapid fire speeds which range from 7.2 - 43.4. Nothing worked they all just shot normal auto. Also I noticed on the MK14 on Burst mode 3 shich should be 4 bullets it only fires 2 and on Burst mode 4 it only fires 3? Tried diffent rapid fire speeds on that too. Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks

odingalt

Staff member
Also I noticed on the MK14 on Burst mode 3 shich should be 4 bullets it only fires 2 and on Burst mode 4 it only fires 3?

That's normal:

Burst Mode 1 - 2-round burst
Burst Mode 2 - 3-round burst
Burst Mode 3 - 4-round burst
Burst Mode 4 - 5-round burst

Basically there is no such thing as 1-round burst so we start out with 2-round burst :)

Flyboy

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. When I have Burst mode 4 selected, it should fire 5 bullets for the burst. It only fires 3 sometimes 4 bullets. On mode 3 which should be 4 bullets it only fires 2. On the MK14

Also were you able to figure out how to get the burst mode to work on guns like the ACR, M4, Scar etc... I have tried just about everything in the book, to no avail.

usa98j30t4

Well, I tried it just now on the ACR, M4 and the Scar and I couldn't get any of them to burst fire. I put burst mode on first then went through the rapid fire speeds which range from 7.2 - 43.4. Nothing worked they all just shot normal auto. Also I noticed on the MK14 on Burst mode 3 shich should be 4 bullets it only fires 2 and on Burst mode 4 it only fires 3? Tried diffent rapid fire speeds on that too. Any thoughts on these issues?

Thanks

As odingalt pointed out, you will want to go into the controller configuration (connecting your controller via USB) and change one of the modes to match the speed you are looking for (so it will act as a burst weapon). 7.2 - 43.4 does not match what you are trying to do. Try setting one of the modes to say, 4.5.

This may be a crazy question but why not.. running an fully auto gun in burst should increase the accuracy of the gun and I dont want to run select fire for any of my ar classes beacuse I need the slot for something else can you run burst fire in a rapid mode.. Like if I want a 2 round burst can I run that where it fires off the burst without me having to trigger press every burst?