Can anyone verify this?.....

jay2nice000

i never had a problem with ebay, i only buy from trusted ebay sellers. guy seems pretty legit and looking at his records about 7-8 months ago he sold his legacy controller on ebay and the guys son loved it

NYjetsNY1

jay2nice000 said:
i never had a problem with ebay, i only buy from trusted ebay sellers. guy seems pretty legit and looking at his records about 7-8 months ago he sold his legacy controller on ebay and the guys son loved it

Alright man! Go for the purchase then. But if the controller breaks - you have no way to get a fix.

The only way to get a fix is through the ticket system.

The only way to get into the ticket system is to purchase a controller off of viking360.com

So just be very careful.

Xx Binno xX

NYjetsNY1 said:
jay2nice000 said:

Alright man! Go for the purchase then. But if the controller breaks - you have no way to get a fix.

The only way to get into the ticket system is to purchase a controller off of viking360.com

So just be very careful.
Or you could just email fredrow he does great work and he is a pro at what he does. I wish he did macro controllers i would of bought from him. No offense to Od i just no fredrow very well and his work is amazing. I have gotten 4 controllers modded from him

Fredrow

XxbinnoxX said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
jay2nice000 said:

So just be very careful.
Or you could just email fredrow he does great work and he is a pro at what he does. I wish he did macro controllers i would of bought from him. No offense to Od i just no fredrow very well and his work is amazing. I have gotten 4 controllers modded from him

Thanks for major props mane..... Also just so you know I do build Macro controllers but I only build super custom/super expensive Macro controllers....

odingalt

Staff member
WetterThanWater said:
My advice, never buy from ebay.. Always buy direct.

AMEN! Though I have been known to try buying from perfect feedback sellers. Even then I've had some issues. If you are in a hurry for something definitely never order it off e-bay.

Dang, does anybody know where we can get some more biohazard shells. Check your local gamestop, we'll pay cash lol. Anybody in new york? Last time when I checked there were like 20 gamestops in a 20 mile area that had stock of biohazards. But that was like last fall.

Fredrow

WetterThanWater said:

Why???

I have bought from eBay many times over the past 8 years. Only once did I have a sour transaction!! I have bought used items from other little eBay sellers and I have also bought items through eBay that were being sold by major brand name companies. One time I bought a Callaway Driver through eBay and guess who the seller was? If you guessed Callaway then you get a Gold Starr..
;)

2 years ago I bought 26months of Xbox Live for $61..... Maybe I'm misunderstanding you guy's but it just feels strange that you all dislike eBay.... weird!!! :mrgreen:

NYjetsNY1

Fredrow said:
WetterThanWater said:

Why???

I have bought from eBay many times over the past 8 years. Only once did I have a sour transaction!! I have bought used items from other little eBay sellers and I have also bought items through eBay that were being sold by major brand name companies. One time I bought a Callaway Driver through eBay and guess who the seller was? If you guessed Callaway then you get a Gold Starr..
;)

2 years ago I bought 26months of Xbox Live for $61..... Maybe I'm misunderstanding you guy's but it just feels strange that you all dislike eBay.... weird!!! :mrgreen:

I love ebay - just not for purchasing viking controllers :p

Fredrow

NYjetsNY1 said:
Fredrow said:
WetterThanWater said:

Why???

;)

I love ebay - just not for purchasing viking controllers :p

Ahhh, I see.... I must have looked at this topic the wrong way it seemed like you all were bagging on eBay.... Also eBay is a great place to buy a used Viking360 controller either being a Macro or the Legacy controllers..... You gotta remember that not everyone is as rich in the money as you are Jetz.... Some people are balling on a budget and can't pay full price for a new macro controller.... And can you please stop bringing up the darn point about Viking360 not fixing controllers that were bought some place else, I think the world gets the point now.... Or maybe you should just have that saying as your signature!!! duh.... :cool:

jay2nice000

don't get me wrong i think a 60 day warranty is better than nothing, i just wish viking would stand be hide there product longer..... i dunno lets say 6 month warranty would have me sold at full price. 60 days really isn't anything most sites offer a extended warranty for around 10 bucks. lets say

Viking 360 macro controller from eBay
pros- around 50 percent cheaper
cons- used and if anything breaks chances are some points just need to be re-soldered

Viking 360 Macro controller straight from the site
pro- new and 60 day warranty ( would be better in my opinion if was around 6 months )
cons- after 60 days are up and something goes wrong from what i hear they MIGHT help you out.

NYjetsNY1

jay2nice000 said:
don't get me wrong i think a 60 day warranty is better than nothing, i just wish viking would stand be hide there product longer..... i dunno lets say 6 month warranty would have me sold at full price. 60 days really isn't anything most sites offer a extended warranty for around 10 bucks. lets say

Viking 360 macro controller from eBay
cons- used and if anything breaks chances are some points just need to be re-soldered

Viking 360 Macro controller straight from the site
pro- new and 60 day warranty ( would be better in my opinion if was around 6 months )
cons- after 60 days are up and something goes wrong from what i hear they MIGHT help you out.

"Do the controllers come with a warranty?
All controllers carry a 90-day warranty. Our 90-day warranty covers defects in our modchip, modchip installation, as well as manufacturer defects in the controller itself. Our warranty is void if the warranty sticker inside the battery pack cover is tampered with in any way, such as to add other after market modifications. Our warranty is void in the event of abuse or misuse (soda spills, foreign material inside the controller, banging the controller on hard surfaces, etc)."

After 90 days, if there is a minor problem we can usually fix it for free (you just have to pay shipping).

As long as the problem is internal that is. If you ruin the thumbsticks / spill soda on it, there isn't much we can do.

I guess it is your call which you think is more worth it then.

WetterThanWater

jay2nice000 said:
Buying from eBay

Two things... I have yet to see a legit macro controller on eBay thats 50% off our cheapest price, which is 169.99

Also, it could be way more than just burnt out solder. It could be an actual defect, it could just be bricked from improper use of the software, and the list goes on..

Krier023

Useful Poster
ok. you guys are all acting like a controller from ebay is going to break. Just because its from ebay doesnt mean its going to break. I have bought hundreds of things off ebay with very little problem. And you act like if you bought a controller and it did break that you wouldnt be able to fix it. If you have a broken controller out of warranty, there are MANY people on this forum technically inclined enough to put together or fix a controller. If you are looking for a legacy controller more then definitely buy from ebay because that is the only place you will find them. The problem about the macro controllers, is they arent much less expensive from ebay. Ive been watching and they go for around 110-130 plus shipping. for that extra 30 dollars you get a warranty, and a definite fix from the manufacturer if you have problems.

Also im not saying this is a definite, but I have talked to odin on the forums, and through pms a couple times. He seems like a very legitimate business man that is in it for the customer(thats the only way you would make a macro controller that you make little profit off of). But i feel like if you talked to odin he would repair your controller even if you didnt buy directly. He may charge you a little more, but you 120 dollar controller from ebay would most likely not be a brick if broken.

Just my two cents since like fredrow said, it seems like you guys are only flaming ebay in this thread.

GJUnLeAsHeD

Krier023 said:
ok. you guys are all acting like a controller from ebay is going to break. Just because its from ebay doesnt mean its going to break. I have bought hundreds of things off ebay with very little problem. And you act like if you bought a controller and it did break that you wouldnt be able to fix it. If you have a broken controller out of warranty, there are MANY people on this forum technically inclined enough to put together or fix a controller. If you are looking for a legacy controller more then definitely buy from ebay because that is the only place you will find them. The problem about the macro controllers, is they arent much less expensive from ebay. Ive been watching and they go for around 110-130 plus shipping. for that extra 30 dollars you get a warranty, and a definite fix from the manufacturer if you have problems.

Also im not saying this is a definite, but I have talked to odin on the forums, and through pms a couple times. He seems like a very legitimate business man that is in it for the customer(thats the only way you would make a macro controller that you make little profit off of). But i feel like if you talked to odin he would repair your controller even if you didnt buy directly. He may charge you a little more, but you 120 dollar controller from ebay would most likely not be a brick if broken.

Just my two cents since like fredrow said, it seems like you guys are only flaming ebay in this thread.
+1,000,000,000,000