Canceling macro for MKX/fighting games

Jake97

Hello all! This is my first time posting so apologies if it is in the wrong section.

My question has to deal with MKX specifically.
Back when I used the Viking 360 macro controller for Mortal Kombat 9, I would string a long combo onto a tac switch, but sometimes people will use breaker (stops the combo) or somehow hit me; which desynced the combo and left my character swinging randomly in the air still performing the combo but not hitting the enemy. This of course, ended in losing.

So my question is; is there anyway you can "cancel" a macro mid execution? Say I have a combo going and for whatever reason I need to stop it, can I make it so it will cancel the rest of the button presses it was macroed to execute so I can have full control again?

I have been looking into the new "Forge" editor and I believe I may of found something. For one of the tac options, I believe it says "loop once or cancel if tac button is released". I do not yet have an account to login into the Forge, but I believe I saw this option.

If this is true, could you hold the tax switch, and if you must cancel the combo, just release the tac? That would be a perfect solution!! Can someone please confirm any of this for me or help me find another solution to this problem if one exists?

Thanks a lot guys! Glad to be a part of the community. :)

-Jake

bonefisher

Yes you can set it up to Loop until button is released. If button is released mid loop, the loop will terminate immediately.

Last edited:

Jake97

Thanks Bone. I'm sorry maybe a bit of a stupid question. I had no idea you could do it for the 360. I will check it out :) I will also be posting some pretty hefty Scorpion kombo runes soon.

bonefisher

Yeah if you go in VKM properties in the macro timeline editor where it says loop settings and click drop down arrow it is the second setting.