Cant connect to forge server

recently have been getting an error message when i try to load a pack and it says can not connect to forge server. anyone having this problem. any solutions would be appreciated. thanks

bonefisher

Make sure everything is plugged in correctly and shut app off/ on to try again. If problem persists it is either the server or app service Viking is using and hopefully should be on in a few.

odingalt

Staff member
Looks like a temporary blip. Sorry for the outage. Our software dev's refused to work for us if we hosted this on the Viking360.com LAMP server. They hosted the code on Heroku and the database on Cloudant. Two extremely poor choices. I should have told the dev's to take a walk when they made that demand. Should've, would've, could've...

We have it in our long term plan to migrate the Forge back to our dedicated server that we manage ourselves. I can't swear there would be zero outages when on our server, but at least I would get notifications on my cell phone and be able to respond to outages. When it comes to Heroku or Cloudant outages, we literally don't get any automatic notification from these services that service is affected, plus you get these annoying half-outages where it sort of works sort of doesn't.

If it was hosted on Viking's dedicated server at least it would be all up or all down!

Added an asterisk to this task on the master business plan.

greenshirtdan

Hi, I am receiving the following error when trying to log into Forge. I will try back but wanted to make you guys aware of the issue.

"Application Error
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."

bonefisher

Hi, I am receiving the following error when trying to log into Forge. I will try back but wanted to make you guys aware of the issue.

"Application Error
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. Please try again in a few moments.

If you are the application owner, check your logs for details."
I emailed odingalt the problem. Last time it was down for a few minutes hopefully it comes back on quick.