can't figure it out

spoolinwagon420

so i'm trying to get the new features into my editor...like the shooting dropshoot,2 round burst,quick scope you know the rest....i;ve downloaded the rar file for it(i think i have) i open it and i have a dat file for the thor(which is what i have) what do i do with it...from all my messing around trying to figure it out i feel like i should be looking for a hex file of somesort....i new to this so bare with me,,,so what am i not doing right? ..

Krier023

Useful Poster
When you download the hex editor it should come with a couple things. The hex editor, config, thor data, raven data, and the hid bootloader. what i do is make a folder then use winrar to extract the files to the folder i just made. this will make all your things in one folder. after you have everything downloaded and unrared then open the hex editor and make your hex. save the hex to anything and then close the program. take your hid bootloader and load the newly saved hex onto your controller just like you would the presets.

spoolinwagon420

Krier023 said:
When you download the hex editor it should come with a couple things. The hex editor, config, thor data, raven data, and the hid bootloader. what i do is make a folder then use winrar to extract the files to the folder i just made. this will make all your things in one folder. after you have everything downloaded and unrared then open the hex editor and make your hex. save the hex to anything and then close the program. take your hid bootloader and load the newly saved hex onto your controller just like you would the presets.
whats the dat file? and will this get the new modes into the editor? so i can set up my own controller "profile"

Krier023

Useful Poster
I believe the data file is just the modes and stuff, but for the new modes i would just download the new version he has out. also im not really sure what you mean by setting up your own profile

PS3andCOD

Contributor
You need to download the latest version of the editor, and the beta one for the no scope (it's the same, it just has the no scope beta added) to have all the possible modes available. The dat file is just essential for the editor to work. If you look in the instal directories on your PC all th programs you have installed will have dat files in their folders. I assume it is some of the data for how the controllers differ, but I'm not sure, and it doesn't really matter for anyone but odingalt. For the editor, you just set it up how you want (it's easy, all drop down menues etc), select invert LED's (that makes it closer in use to the premade presets, trust me you'll apreciate it) and save it somewhere. When you save it, it saves as a .hex, just like microsoft word makes .doc's. You then program your controller with that .hex like normal.

spoolinwagon420

thank you...i think i have a grasp on it now....but everytime i try to download the new version i end up with the 0.9.1.1 version....going to uninstall i and try again...doesn't matter what i do uninstall reinstall...from the new version still end up with the 0.9.1.1 version

40_ounce

0.9.1.1 is the latest. Do you have winrar or 7zip? you do know how to open a .rar or zip file right? Download the installer from here viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1006 make a new folder on your desktop called viking put the file that you downloaded in the viking folder now right click on the zip file you downloaded then hit open or extract here.