cant get into programmable mode

IrishStyle

Ok so unplug your xbox. Then open up HID Loader. Now with the controller off hold the Right Tact switch and power on the controller. The #1 and #2 leds should be lit indicating it in bootloader mode. Now plug in the 3.5mm jack and HID loader will make the USB mounted noise and show "Device Detected".....now click "Open Hex File" and select the preset you downloaded.....now click "Program/Verify" and it will load the preset.....after thats done click "Reset Device" and you are all done.

irish the problem being is when i downloaded the program to my computer desk top i click to open it and i select open with the program the computer selects it. i didnt see any type Bootloader program. Am i downloading it wrong? i have a new compaq with vista on it.

IrishStyle

Ohhh sounds like you don't have winrar installed....Here is a link to it.....Install the program, then after its done right click on your downloaded preset and hit "Extract Files"...that will uncompress your preset and create a folder for it.....inside that folder is the HID Loader program and the preset.

http://www.win-rar.com/downloadnow.html

IrishStyle

No you don't need to purchase winrar, its a free application but it will prompt you to buy it. Once you have it installed you can uncompress your preset.

irish i went to the website and i dont see where i can download the program now? am i missing something on there because there is some malscan or something which i did my computer is clean but it keeps running me in circles on the website.

IrishStyle

The winrar you need is based on the computer you are using.....go to start then right click on Computer(not sure how it shows on Vista) and select properties. A window will pop up giving you your system specs....It will say System Type 32bit or 64bit.

ok so i downloaded it and mine was 32 bit for the compaq and i left all the default selected programs on the install for the programs WINRAr WILL WORK with... and i know that to get my controller in programming mode
i hold START and the RIGHT TAC button and then its ready but kinda lost after that point... i am wanting to put the sniper mode on my odin as well as the rapid fires for the FAL and what not...

I right clicked on it where it said the oden ravin blah blah and had the red blue green little icon next to it in the download folder and i said to extract file and it did and then it put it out to a reg folder emblem next to it by itself? that how its suppose to work? then what

IrishStyle

Great now open the loader and follow the instructions I gave you earlier.

Edit: Or watch the video Ben or Blur linked you to. Let us know if you got it working.