CANT LOAD CONTROLER ONTO COMPUTER!

JTAG

I JUST GOT THE CHIP AND INSTALLED IT IN TO MY CONTROLER CHECKED EVRY THING TO SEE IF IT WAS RITE. AFTER THAT I PUT THE CONTROLER INTO BOOT MOAD BY HOLDING THE RITE TAC SWITCH AND PRESSING THE MIDDILE BUTTON AFTER THAT I PLUGED IN THE 3.5MM USB CORED ALL IT SAYS IS DEVISE IS NOT DETECTED =[ CAN SOME ONE HELP ME??

Blackburn

first off, DO NOT post in all caps.. it doesnt make you look cool, and doesnt get you a response any faster.

second off, try using some fresh batteries.

Xx Binno xX

I'm not that good on installing things myself but maybe you messed up on your solider.(I don't think I spelled that right)

JTAG

IM SHUR I SODERD IT RITE CUZ THE 2 TOP LIGHTS FLASH ITS JUST I WHONT LOAD TO MY COMPUTER

JTAG

I PUT IN FRESH BATTARIES AND STILL DOSENT WORK THE CONTROLER GOES INTO BOOT MODE ANY MORE IDEAS?

IrishStyle

Sounds to me like your 3.5mm jack is wired wrong. The controller can go into boot mode without that soldered correctly. You did say you got it into bootloader mode right?

NITROTUEL

Report this postReply with quoteRe: Resetting chip?
by odingalt » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:19 pm

This bug only happens with CG2's, has to do with the CG2 board itself and patching the bootloader to like the CG2 board better.

On CG2's, if this happens, pull the batteries completely out. Then start holding the sync/right tac switch before you even put the batteries back in. Continue holding the button while you put the batteries in and power up. Should put it into programming mode.

Program one of the codes newer than 10/22/2009 into the controller once with the 'allow word configuration programming' box checked. This will patch the bootloader. You only have to do this once. Then you shouldn't have to hold the button down before even putting the batteries in.