Cases

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Hey i think this is more of a question to fredrow not positive though anyways when the mw3 custom controllers come in would there be anyway to send you that case and you install it on my macro i personally think the mw3 cases look nice and it would be cool to have a different case other then the black one

odingalt

Staff member
THERE ARE GOING TO BE CUSTOM MW3 CONTROLLERS?! Like the Gears of War 3 controller?? Show pictures!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
those are pretty sweet right lol if i can get my hands on one of those controllers i would love to do a case swap however it has a different dpad in place then mine :/ so i dont know if its possible

Krier023

Useful Poster
The dpad is the same on the internals. the only difference is the switching top. I might swap mine into one of those though. I was gonna get a gears, but now I may wait for that.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Oh really that would be awesome im sure i could do it myself since ive worked on many different controllers however i wouldnt like to take the chances so thats why i would feel comfortable having like fredrow do it or something

Xx Binno xX

i will be buy that blue tooth head set it looks amazing and i love the controllers i wish i could but the xbox 360 but i already have 3 haha

Remmnever

Fredrow said he could switch the internals from my black macro controller to a gears of war 3 controller but it was pretty expensive. I think he quoted me just above $100. But he does amazing work so I just got to save a little more money if I really want to do it.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
dang thats pricey ill be saving up too then that or just stay plain lol i guess i dont mind the black that much just the mw3 cases were nice

odingalt

Staff member
Even just swapping the shells of a macro controller is a nightmare (and a risk!) Some of that cost is Fredrow taking on the risk if the thing breaks. It's fragile work. Think of it more as surgery when it comes to the macro install and macro controller shell swapping. Plus the tac switches have to be drilled exactly right, or else the tac switches prevent the shell from closing all the way. So not only does he have to avoid damaging the macro mod but he also has to get your GOW3 controller drilled just perfectly or else he has to replace that.

If we offered custom send in for this kind of work (and we don't/won't) $100 sounds about right. If it were an old Viking chip or even the new PS3 modchip we would be talking way less money of course :)