cod 4 mod lock maybe coming

savvymatthew

GZ: How will you deal with online glitchers and cheaters - for example, those with autofire joypads, or the hip-firing snipers you often find?

RB: We stay extremely connected to our community on a real-time basis. I credit a lot of that to our presence on Social Media sites like Twitter and Facebook where we can get instant reports from our players. Recently Call of Duty 4 had an outbreak of hackers who determined how to enable UFO mode (which allows players to fly freely through the air). Immediately upon receiving reports of it happening from a community member on Twitter Friday night, I had him invite me to his lobby, check it out for myself, text the programmers, and have an updated playlist which prevented it from happening by Monday morning. Whether it's an issue or suggestion, we've got our ear to the ground for what's coming. Modded Controllers with a Rapid Fire ability have been addressed, a fix that is already in Modern Warfare 2 and one that is being snuck into Call of Duty 4.
http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/previews/mw2-interview-part-three.html

man that would suck big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!

odingalt

Staff member
Will have to wait and see. So far I'm not realy impressed with their anti-rapidfire efforts, but, I would guess that rapidfire controllers may get 'less awesome' over time. I really like the high rapidfire rate in COD4 right now, it's a lot of fun!