Computer Virus

Itz CHARLEY

So yesterday i got alot of reports of a virus on my computer from AVG Free. As stupid as I am I just ignored it and it went away.
Today I try to open a shortcut on my computer, it asks me to choose a program to run it with. It asks to use a program for EVERY SINGLE ICON. Mozilla Firefox...... BOOM "choose a program to run this file with(hehehehe im microsoft and i want to be super gay today)". Why would I need a FING program to open Mozilla its mozilla? OPEN SESAME? I cant open anything without right clicking and hitting 'run as an admin' and it gets soo anoying. anyone know what might be wrong because I am about to take a baseball bat to this computer.

Itz CHARLEY

viking360fan said:
you got a bad viruis add me on live ill help u fix it for free :)
alright thanks. i want to download this software but it wont let me open it. ill try making a new account on my computer and maybe things will work on that one.

40_ounce

The best way to get rid of a virus is to back up all your content that you made such as photos music and documents then reformat and reinstall windows.

Fredrow

40_ounce said:
The best way to get rid of a virus is to back up all your content that you made such as photos music and documents then reformat and reinstall windows.

That's about it right thurr..... Sometimes you get to this point and that's the only thing that will fix your problem....

I also suggest that maybe you go out and buy some security for your computer......

Itz CHARLEY

yeah i found a way to fix the problem. I just made another user account and redownloaded all of the programs i had before. I can still use all of the files on my computer like documents and pictures.

I dont even know if there was a virus in the first place but avg free said that there was. I would get better virus protection but i dont really pay any attention to anything it tells me.

theblur1

last time i had a virus i could only use one of my computers acc's at a time while the other collected pop-ups/threats/etc. my buddy showed me a program called superantispyware or something along the lines of that. its a free download and it honestly worked so well. give it a try if you want