Controller has no LED's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Hey guys I was flashing tons of macros tonight to my controller and my controller started freaking out. It would come out of programming mode at first then about 20 minutes later I have no LED's :(. This has been twice that my controller has malfunctioned and I dont think the install is at fault this time, Im starting to think its the chip or something. Please help with any suggestions. Thanks!

odingalt

Staff member
The only thing you can try doing is getting it into programming mode and then use the firmware updater to re-program it with the firmware again. (Remove batteries, start holding START button, insert batteries, power up controller, release START button)

odingalt

Staff member
That's it then, there's nothing else that can be done without sending it to the shop.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
:/ I was really hoping there was something possible for me to do. I hate sending it into the shop twice in the matter of a few months.

garnet2k11

Im only just wondering, how is that problem so common ??
Since that's what happened to my first controller, how the LED's would never turn on anymore permenately, except only connect to the xbox, but the chip itself not fuctioning.

How does that happen ?? And why is it such a common problem ?? I was just curious.

odingalt

Staff member
The most common cause once upton a time was customers flashing the legacy rapidfire drivers into their macro controller. The number of tickets on this issue slowed down dramatically after we put a huge giant disclaimer on all our software downloads page that doing so would brick your macro.

Status
Not open for further replies.