Controller Issue

KIL0 iRecon

wow, i'm not sure if this is something on my end or if its something loose in the controller. Any slight movements while the controller is on, makes it turn off

*edit... i might have found the issue, i think it has to do with how the batteries are seated into the controller. when i touch the battery pack it seems to shut off.

KIL0 iRecon

I'm talking about the custom painted pack that you put two AA batteries into... a normal rechargeable battery pack works fine. But when the other one is connected, any movement shuts off the controller

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

KIL0 iRecon said:
I'm talking about the custom painted pack that you put two AA batteries into... a normal rechargeable battery pack works fine. But when the other one is connected, any movement shuts off the controller
the paint probably isnt alowing it in correctly(paint is holding it out)

odingalt

Staff member
Good call. Take the batteries out and look down the barell and see if it looks shiny, there shoudl be two shiny connections point for the batteries. ALSO, on the backside where all the text is on the battery holder, there should be a little silver tab there. That tab should work.

Does the battery pack cover feel like it's lost it's springiness to it?

If it's still a problem we can take a return for refund unfortunately we don't have any replacements at all to offer. Maybe try putting the batteries in there and beating on it a little bit lol

E

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Good call. Take the batteries out and look down the barell and see if it looks shiny, there shoudl be two shiny connections point for the batteries. ALSO, on the backside where all the text is on the battery holder, there should be a little silver tab there. That tab should work.

Does the battery pack cover feel like it's lost it's springiness to it?

If it's still a problem we can take a return for refund unfortunately we don't have any replacements at all to offer. Maybe try putting the batteries in there and beating on it a little bit lol

E
i have heard if you put a small amount of electrical tape around the sides it makes the battery pack a little more firm.....could fix the issue

odingalt

Staff member
I'm wondering if the extra layer of paint is screwing with the fit of the battery pack on this particular shell?? Does anything seem out of the ordinary with out the battery pack goes in on this one vs. a standard controller?

KIL0 iRecon

The pack seems to work fine in every other controller I tried. I can use a rechargeable, I don't have any issues with those. I tried comparing the custom one with other packs I have and i don't really notice a difference. I'll try to get it working but since it works with other packs, I guess my only complaint now is cosmetics. It looks nicer with the custom battery pack. At least it works though lol

LoveKillzSlowly

I had something similar happen to me in the past when my rechargeable battery pack would work but when I tried AA batteries it would disconnect if I bumped it. I found out that the right battery spring had to be pushed in more into the circuit board so all I had to do was melt the solder and while doing that push in the battery spring and that fixed my problem.

Timbuck55

I'm having an issue of my controller not working as well. I have the most current software, and had it working with Bedford's rapid fire macro last night. Today when I tried to play, I hit the tac1 to toggle my RF and it works for like 2 shots and then shuts off. Sometimes the entire controller shuts off. I put in the rechargable battery pack and everything worked fine.

modded matt

it sound like the push button isnt engaging properly. the play and charge packs are slightly larger and depredd the springs all the way.