Controller Problems Help Plz

etm34

Ok i installed my first viking with no problem what so ever. The second one has had multiple problems, first off i no my connections are good but the button test code says my b button isnt connected (even though it is), so i took off the button test code and tried to use the b button on the menu. It wld randomly use it sometimes, and there was a lag in it, so i disconnected the b button wire and it worked, then i connected it and it wldnt really work. So i disconnected the chip power supply and tested the buttons again and they worked, so then i connected the power supply back and it worked fine until 2day, it started doing weird things again with pressing random buttons and not working properly. Can anyone tell me wat is wrong with it?

odingalt

Staff member
Check the trace/via hole you are soldering to very closely to make sure that you haven't bridged solder between two traces.

Check the backside of the purple mod chip board to be sure something's not shorting between the mod chip board and the microsoft circuit board.

Double triple and quadruple check the B wire, maybe it's getting pinched. Can be very hard to spot, even if a 30 AWG wire has been completely pinched even to the point of severing the wire, it can be hard to detect.

Be sure you are programming the sleeper test code for sleeper, or duo test code if you are wiring for the duo.

Check the little pins on the black chip itself very closely, there is a chance that two pins of the black chip got bridged with solder. I visually inspect all boards before shipment, this occurence is rare and I would usually catch it, but thought it was worth mentioning. Occurence is about 4 boards per 1000 or .4%.

etm34

ok just to let you no it was a programing issue,for some reason the programing on the chip was whacked. All i had ot do was reset it and install a new program on it and it worked fine. (thank god)