controller Warranty?

drumjunkie1

I am very interested in buying a viking 360 controller but have a question. I see that they come with a 90 day limited warranty, Is there any way to extend that warranty? or am I S.O.L after the 90 days?

Ben

I'm afraid there isn't. However they will repair your controller if it does develop a fault after the warranty has expired for a small charge.

drumjunkie1

Not to sound like an A-hole or anything, but if i'm gonna pay top dollar for "the best controller on the market" they should fix it for free, less the shipping charges of course!!! I think i'm gonna go with a rapid modz controller seeing as i could buy a 1 year extended warranty for around 6 bucks!

Krier023

Useful Poster
You can still get it fixed after 90 days, but you have to pay. The warranty is for manufacturing defects. If there are no manufacturing defects, then it was you that messed up the controller and not the company. You think that if you break the controller yourself the company that made it should fix it? Also viking does more than any other controller on the market can do. User reprogrammable and one of the only mods on the market to have macro recording and playback.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If it's actually the controller it's self that breaks after the times up it's pretty cheap. If it was you doing something stupid that broke it, they'll charge whatever it costs them, not go cheap on you because their stuff broke. Viking has amazing custumer service. That extended waranty on the other controller may be just for updates, viking has lifetime updates included in the price.

odingalt

Staff member
drumjunkie1 said:
Not to sound like an A-hole or anything, but if i'm gonna pay top dollar for "the best controller on the market" they should fix it for free, less the shipping charges of course!!! I think i'm gonna go with a rapid modz controller seeing as i could buy a 1 year extended warranty for around 6 bucks!

From rapid modz: "Also note that our warranty covers the Rapid fire chip and not the controller itself."

http://rapidmodz.com/xbox-360-modding-f ... ons.html#7

"Do you offer a refund or warranty for your products?
RapidModz, Inc. stands by its products and offers a 30-Day Parts & Labor warranty on all of our Xbox 360 Modded Controllers. If for any reason the Rapid Fire Chip installed in your controller stops working, send it back and we will fix your controller no questions asked. We also offer an extended 12 month warranty at checkout for those who wish to protect their investment.

Please note that all controllers come with a "void if broken" seal on the back of our controllers. If for any reason this seal is broken or the controller has been tampered with your warranty is no longer valid. Also note that our warranty covers the Rapid fire chip and not the controller itself.

If you have any furthur questions regarding our warranty please contact us by phone or complete our contact form.

There will be a 20% Restocking Fee on all Controllers if you choose to return your product."

odingalt

Staff member
drumjunkie1 said:
I am very interested in buying a viking 360 controller but have a question. I see that they come with a 90 day limited warranty, Is there any way to extend that warranty? or am I S.O.L after the 90 days?

99.9% of problems with our mod chip will appear in the first two weeks. To be honest, we've processed plenty of returns of the new Macro controller. The only time we don't pay shipping both ways is when the customers is out-of-country - typically we try to meet out-of-country customers half way and pay shipping one direction. We certainly had some hiccups changing over to the mod chip in September.

After 90 days, the problems you usually start to see are wear n' tear related (thumbsticks or thumbstick mechanisms wearing out, etc.) - in other words, the type of problems not covered by the RapidModz $6 extended warranty. With Viking mods, for legitimate problems with our modchip outside 90 days, we'll typically make the repairs for free - you only pay shipping costs. We take it on a case-by-case basis - and only if the warranty sticker is still in-tact. We've made plenty of modchip or tac switch repairs out-of-warranty, but it just depends on the nature of the problem. I.e. we typically don't replace or repair worn out thumbstick mechanisms for free.

If you have a legitimate gripe with Viking as a customer, we'll address the issue no matter when you purchased your controller. I.e. if the modchip in your Viking360 controller dies on day 91, you have my guarantee that we'll replace it - provided there is no evidence that you tampered with it and no evidence that you spilled soda/popcorn butter/other crap inside the controller.

drumjunkie1

Thanks for getting back to me so soon odingalt,its nice to here the facts from someone that actually represents viking. I apologize for my blasphemy in regards to rapid modz (lol). as you know there is an absurd amount of companies popping up saying that " we have the best rapid fire controller on the market" so you can understand why I am trying to get the facts instead of just blindly choosing a controller.

odingalt

Staff member
drumjunkie1 said:
Thanks for getting back to me so soon odingalt,its nice to here the facts from someone that actually represents viking. I apologize for my blasphemy in regards to rapid modz (lol). as you know there is an absurd amount of companies popping up saying that " we have the best rapid fire controller on the market" so you can understand why I am trying to get the facts instead of just blindly choosing a controller.

We totally understand. Viking isn't for everyone necessarily either. If you just want to ask about other mods (not sure if you'll get an honest answer here though lol) you can try in the anything goes forum as well. Some of our customers have owned other mods in the past. Some folks will give you an honest run down, though we do have some Viking 'fan boys' here that will tell you all other mods are garbage, so may be hard to get a real answer :D