Controller Wont Turn On

pokjbv

I was just playing xbox and then the controller turn off. So put in new batteries and it didnt turn on. I have tried many differnt batteries and the rechargble pack and still nothing. The controller has not be drop or had any abuse of any kind.So can some on help?

NYjetsNY1

This is a new macro controller right? 6 Tac switches, yes?

You tried putting new batteries into the battery pack and pressing and holding the guide, as well as using new batteries and pressing start?

Try holding start, then putting the fresh batteries in.

Repeat... Keep doing that / hold the guide button and put the batteries in.

If none of the LEDs go on, and the controller doesn't turn the xbox on, let me know.

pokjbv

NYjetsNY1 said:

You tried putting new batteries into the battery pack and pressing and holding the guide, as well as using new batteries and pressing start?

If none of the LEDs go on, and the controller doesn't turn the xbox on, let me know.
It is now working. Thank you so much. Why did i have to do that any way?

NYjetsNY1

pokjbv said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

It is now working. Thank you so much. Why did i have to do that any way?

Glad to have fixed your problem! :) ... I don't know the reason why you have to do it that way; you can PM odingalt... he knows more about the technicalities of the controller and how some of the technology works better than I could explain it. However, I do know how to get things working again.

Anyways glad everything is working!

odingalt

Staff member
This might have to do with a bug when you last updated the firmware? Try repeating the firmware update process, but be SURE that you use the "version 2" firmware updater from the website. And also be sure the viking software is closed before you ever connect the controller. There are some bits in the controller that have to be updated by the firmware updater, if those bits don't get changed, then it's possible you have to do that extra step with the batteries to get it to power on.

E

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
This might have to do with a bug when you last updated the firmware? Try repeating the firmware update process, but be SURE that you use the "version 2" firmware updater from the website. And also be sure the viking software is closed before you ever connect the controller. There are some bits in the controller that have to be updated by the firmware updater, if those bits don't get changed, then it's possible you have to do that extra step with the batteries to get it to power on.

E

Exactly, thank you for explaining it.

At any rate, you should repeat the firmware process doing what odingalt said - this will fix all of the battery issues you have had. You won't have to do any more extra steps to get the controller on after you update to the newest firmware.