Converting Sleeper to DUO

IrishStyle

If any of you plan on converting your controllers load the new code on the chip first.
I converted a sleeper over to a DUO this weekend got it all buttoned up but had no way to put into boot mode because it had sleeper code on it. Since I had already disconnected the sync from the chip. Not really a big deal but I did have to resolder and desolder the sync button to load the new duo code. Hopefully this saves someone 20 minutes or so :lol:

Fredrow

Well you do know you don't need to do this. Because if you really wired it up as a DUO from a sleeper then you
would have noticed that the same button that puts the sleeper into bootloader mode wires to the same spot as the
right tact switch for the DUO. So to put a DUO into bootloader mode you just press the right tact switch and the sleeper
you would have pressed the SYNC button and if you look at the diagrams you will notice that the SYNC and right tact switch
go to the same spot on the Viking board.

Also Irish, did you download the button test and check your controller to make sure its all work properly??

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah, both the Duo and the Sleeper code are looking for the 'F' solder point to be grounded as the signal that it should go into programming mode. So whichever button you have wired up to the 'F' should work to put 'er into programming mode.