Custom painting Macro Controller?

Doodle

Hello! I was thinking about custom painting my macro controller but I would like to know If it is any different from another controller. I know it probably has a MASSIVE chip but I was just wondering if any wires or tac switches would get in the way. (I know, I know... I'll void my warranty...)

EDIT: Sorry this is in the wrong section D:

Last edited:

NYjetsNY1

You'll void your warranty and yes everything will get in the way. Hopefully some other users can chime in and tell you more on the process and such. Moving this to "Do-It-Yourself"

Krier023

Useful Poster
Im not sure if viking employees use one ground per 4 tacts(ex 1 ground for back 4, 1 ground for front two) but either way, you will be dealing with 8-12 wires for the tact switches, 6 of the wires will be to the modchip, others to a ground. You will also have the clip-on macro chip on the back of the controller pcb. Make sure not to bump that, or get it out of socket as odin says its a pain to get back. You will also probably have misc. wires attached to points(specifically to the analog sticks and front led board). Basically, if you are not good at soldering, and confident you can fix anthing you break when opening the controller, then I would not try it yourself. You say painting, so you will have to either take out all the tact switches, paint, put in new tacts and wire them up, or if you are using a new controller you would have to drill out new holes, exactly in the right spot, or they would not fit. Not trying to discourage you, because its great some people are willing to try, but its definitely no walk in the park.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Hello! I was thinking about custom painting my macro controller but I would like to know If it is any different from another controller. I know it probably has a MASSIVE chip but I was just wondering if any wires or tac switches would get in the way. (I know, I know... I'll void my warranty...)

EDIT: Sorry this is in the wrong section D:
Don't do it from what I've seen the inside of the controller is hell, you will most likely make a mistake. More power to you if you don't.
contact Fredrow and talk to him about painting it.