custom thumbsticks

sly3571

Ok i have found a kicka$$ set of thumbsticks i would love to have for my ragnarok. I do not want to risk taking apart the controller and voiding or tearing my precious a new one. How much would you all charge to just install them I only need the dome part installed due to they are mad to change the stick parts height. I have posted a link for the thumbsticks in question I may get buttons as well if it is no to much to install.

Here is the link for the thumbsticks I am thinking of getting for my custom camo ragnarok
http://modsticks.com/products/Modsticks-Pro-set-for-PS3-%2d-Green.html

odingalt

Staff member
We are trying to be the kinder gentler modshop in 2013, we are supposed to be offering a send-in service, we just haven't had time to add it to the website and work out the details. This would mean allowing some hardware to be sent-in. It's a little tricky for us; we have to warranty our work and that can be hard to do if we get bombarded with a bunch of third-party parts.

Actually I've been thinking about adding modsticks to our product line-up for the past year and just never found the time to e-mail these guys and ask for a bulk discount.

Have you bought the Ragnarok yet or do you already have it?

sly3571

I already have it just recently got it back after sending it in for battery issues. It works great now I really wish I would have seen these when I sent it in for repair.

CovertClay

Hey sly,

You might want to look into "Kontrol freeks". You don't have to worry about taking your controller apart to install them and they do exactly the same thing and they're cheaper! The prices range from $10 to $15. They just go overtop of the analog stick and snap right on. I use them and the PS3 avenger elite adapter and both worth flawlessly with my ps3 USB ragnarok. I would definitely check them out. If you don't believe me, then just search for them on amazon and read 180 out of 200 great reviews on them. Buying Kontrol freeks was probably the best $12 I've ever spent IMO.

There are a bunch of different sizes. I would recomend the CQC because everyone thinks their a litle better than the original 1s. ( CQC are half as tall and are what I use)

If I were you, I would spend the $12 on the CQC Kontrol freeks, use them for a week and and if you don't like them, your only out $12. And the best part is, it doesn't void your warrenty and they are completely removable.

Cheers :)

Last edited:

Jochemke

I follow CovertClay, I have a pair of kontrolfreeks myself. However I got the elite one instead of the cqc love to use them though since I hear everyone prefers the cqc set above the other types.

modded matt

The modsticks pro are excellent products. They are all aluminum with adjustable height and replaceable top caps. I have installed them in the past for customers. I can do the install for you if you wish. at which point I will honor the balance of your viking warranty, with proof of purchase of course.