customer service? yeah right...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

towgunner2451

i ordered my controller early weds. morniring second day air. paid almost 30 dollars for it and they are telling me i wont get it until mon. i didnt pay that extra money for five day shipping. they wont even upgrade my order to over night saturday. they say that they cant help me. i feel i got robbed. what kind of customer service are they running....today is thurs. i called UPS and they have a label for it but not the actual item. customer service says it was shipped today...if that was the case UPS would have possesion of the item. i believe they screwed up somewhere. tell me what you think.

===Viking360 staff response has been inserted below this line===

The customer submitted about 6 tickets on the issue... we made a lot of responses but they all basically re-summarize our first response, which is posted below. Viking360 has faster shipping times than not only every other mod shop on the internet, but we are faster than most e-retailers....

Customer: "okay i just spoke with the ups rep. and was notified i will not recieve my package until monday. note i odrered this weds 01-19-11 morning at about 0930 and paid almost 30.00 to have it by friday. so far i am definately NOT impressed with your customer service. i suggest either a refund for the 2nd day air or option two send another unit UPS over night sat. If either of these two options are not met, i will confirm a cancellation of my purchase. i did not pay close to 30.00 dollars for 5 day shipping! i would have had it shipped standard."

Viking staff: "Greetings,
We can certainly appreciate your frustrations, but our policy is clearly listed on the FAQ page on our website. The very first question and answer from the Viking360 FAQ located at http://viking360.com/support/faq states:
"Once I place my order, how soon will you ship it?
Orders placed by 4PM Pacific Time will ship out the next business day. For example, an order received at 3PM on Monday is shipped out on Tuesday. Orders received after 4PM on Thursday are shipped out the following Monday. Orders received after 4PM Pacific Time on Friday are shipped on Tuesday."

If you compare our shipping times to that of our competitors, you will find that Viking360 still has the fastest shipping times of all:

http://www.gamermodz.com/faq.asp#shipping - "The normal amount of time it takes for a order to be packed and shipped is typically 1 - 2 business days. Due to the incredible reviews of our products it has increased the demand, it could take up to 4 business days to ship. This is un-common but worth mentioning."

http://www.evilcontrollers.com/faq/ - "Q:How long does it take for me to get my controller? A: The controller can take anywhere from 1-3 business days to be built. Then 1-3 days for priority mail. Evil offers express delivery , which guarantees next day delivery in most parts of the United States."

http://www.gamingmodz.com/support.html - "HOW SOON WILL I RECEIVE MY PRODUCT? Depending on our order volume, it usually takes 24 hours to prepare your custom controller and an additional 2 days for shipping since we use USPS Priority Shipping Service. Also, we ship Express the same day, as long as the order is placed before 3pm Eastern Standard Time."

As you can see, Viking360 is equal or faster than the competition. Custom modified controllers can take up to 90 minutes to assemble, test, and package once the order is placed.
Even major on-line retailers such as Walmart have processing lead times:

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Shipping-Costs-Times/538380

And newegg.com, the U.S.'s largest computer electronics distributor, also does not ship out same-day, even when their expedited shipping option is selected:
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module4

"Does my expedited shipping option (Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, etc.) ensure my order will be shipped out the same day it is placed?
Unfortunately it does not. All orders are processed and shipped within our 1-2 business day processing timeframe, regardless of the shipping option selected. Although we do our best to ship out all orders the same day they are placed, and we manage it over 99% of the time, we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. Processing time is not included in your shipping option, so an order shipped using next day air will arrive in one business day from the day it is shipped.
To help ensure an urgent order is delivered to you as quickly as possible, Newegg.com offers a Rush Processing option for orders placed before 12PM PST. This option costs a small additional fee, and Newegg will put forth its best efforts to ensure your package leaves our warehouse that day. However we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. If we fail to ship your order on the same day it was placed, the rush processing fee will be refunded. If, however, you are close enough to our California, Tennessee or New Jersey warehouses, you can get Local Express Delivery for certain items. Check your item's shipping options during check out for details."

We're very sorry for your frustration. Our shipping process is posted clearly on our FAQ and meets or exceeds the performance of our competitors and that of nationally known brands.

Regards,

Viking360.com Staff"

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Well, I'm thinking that if they shipped it by 4 wednessday liek they say, and then UPS put it in the pile to go out today, monday would be the day after two days have passed... It's most likely a problem with shipping, not viking. They can't do anything about it once they've sent it already. It might even come tomorrow, and they're just being conservative with their estimates.

Remmnever

I personally prefer USPS over UPS but I guess you can't make the decision on who ships your package. UPS seems to always take longer than USPS. Normal ground shipping is 3-7 business days and it seems that it ALWAYS takes 7+ days for my stuff to get here. USPS is always faster.

Anyway, sounds like UPS may be to blame. Even if they didn't get the item until today (Thursday) 2-day shipping you should get it Saturday, because they still do deliveries on Saturday.

It sucks, but don't worry you will love the controller once it arrives and it will all be worth it.

NYjetsNY1

Actually I believe UPS doesn't do saturday. Correct me if I am wrong. I personally agree with you that USPS is way better! Their shipping is faster, includes Saturday, and cheaper.

UPS has better tracking and insurance, so it is better for viking. It isn't viking's fault that UPS is slow. Sorry for the shipping but your controller will be coming shortly, just hold on a bit longer! It will be worth it in the end.

NYjetsNY1

You SHOULD get it tomorrow, but if not then Monday (since I don't believe UPS does Saturday). Sorry for the wait, just hang on a bit longer as I said. You'll love the controller.

Remmnever

Saturday Delivery: Saturday delivery service is available for UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, and UPS 2nd Day Air® shipments to most major metropolitan areas and from Canada to the United States. It is also offered for UPS Worldwide Express Plus and UPS Worldwide Express for shipments to Canada, Germany, and the United Kingdom in major metropolitan areas. For Saturday Delivery, you must affix a Saturday Delivery sticker to each envelope or package. With some services, Saturday delivery is available for Returns shipments that have a return-to address in the United States and Puerto Rico.

So since he got UPS 2nd day Air, it should be able to be delivered on Saturday I would think.

Talavera21

I have a question off topic. Im thinking about purchasing my first viking controller. will i have to buy a new one when newer FPS games come out or will i be able to always use this one and just put new macro software on it or however that works, im confused... help me?

NYjetsNY1

Talavera21 said:
I have a question off topic. Im thinking about purchasing my first viking controller. will i have to buy a new one when newer FPS games come out or will i be able to always use this one and just put new macro software on it or however that works, im confused... help me?

Once you buy a controller, you will never need to buy a new one for new games. Just plug it in to the computer and you'll be able to put new mods/macros on it for different games. Even before games are released sometimes!

Talavera21

NYjetsNY1 said:
Talavera21 said:

Once you buy a controller, you will never need to buy a new one for new games. Just plug it in to the computer and you'll be able to put new mods/macros on it for different games. Even before games are released sometimes!

ok, thanks for clarifying that for me! i appreciate it alot :)

Remmnever

Talavera21 said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
Talavera21 said:

ok, thanks for clarifying that for me! i appreciate it alot :)

The really cool thing is that you can make the mods yourself too. So you don't have to wait for anyone and you can have mods before anyone else on new games.

odingalt

Staff member
The customer submitted about 6 tickets on the issue... we made a lot of responses but they all basically re-summarize our first response, which is posted below. Viking360 has faster shipping times than not only every other mod shop on the internet, but we are faster than most e-retailers....

Customer: "okay i just spoke with the ups rep. and was notified i will not recieve my package until monday. note i odrered this weds 01-19-11 morning at about 0930 and paid almost 30.00 to have it by friday. so far i am definately NOT impressed with your customer service. i suggest either a refund for the 2nd day air or option two send another unit UPS over night sat. If either of these two options are not met, i will confirm a cancellation of my purchase. i did not pay close to 30.00 dollars for 5 day shipping! i would have had it shipped standard."

Viking staff: "Greetings,
We can certainly appreciate your frustrations, but our policy is clearly listed on the FAQ page on our website. The very first question and answer from the Viking360 FAQ located at http://viking360.com/support/faq states:
"Once I place my order, how soon will you ship it?
Orders placed by 4PM Pacific Time will ship out the next business day. For example, an order received at 3PM on Monday is shipped out on Tuesday. Orders received after 4PM on Thursday are shipped out the following Monday. Orders received after 4PM Pacific Time on Friday are shipped on Tuesday."

If you compare our shipping times to that of our competitors, you will find that Viking360 still has the fastest shipping times of all:

http://www.gamermodz.com/faq.asp#shipping - "The normal amount of time it takes for a order to be packed and shipped is typically 1 - 2 business days. Due to the incredible reviews of our products it has increased the demand, it could take up to 4 business days to ship. This is un-common but worth mentioning."

http://www.evilcontrollers.com/faq/ - "Q:How long does it take for me to get my controller? A: The controller can take anywhere from 1-3 business days to be built. Then 1-3 days for priority mail. Evil offers express delivery , which guarantees next day delivery in most parts of the United States."

http://www.gamingmodz.com/support.html - "HOW SOON WILL I RECEIVE MY PRODUCT? Depending on our order volume, it usually takes 24 hours to prepare your custom controller and an additional 2 days for shipping since we use USPS Priority Shipping Service. Also, we ship Express the same day, as long as the order is placed before 3pm Eastern Standard Time."

As you can see, Viking360 is equal or faster than the competition. Custom modified controllers can take up to 90 minutes to assemble, test, and package once the order is placed.
Even major on-line retailers such as Walmart have processing lead times:

http://www.walmart.com/cp/Shipping-Costs-Times/538380

And newegg.com, the U.S.'s largest computer electronics distributor, also does not ship out same-day, even when their expedited shipping option is selected:
http://www.newegg.com/HelpInfo/FAQDetail.aspx?Module4

"Does my expedited shipping option (Next Day Air, 2nd Day Air, etc.) ensure my order will be shipped out the same day it is placed?
Unfortunately it does not. All orders are processed and shipped within our 1-2 business day processing timeframe, regardless of the shipping option selected. Although we do our best to ship out all orders the same day they are placed, and we manage it over 99% of the time, we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. Processing time is not included in your shipping option, so an order shipped using next day air will arrive in one business day from the day it is shipped.
To help ensure an urgent order is delivered to you as quickly as possible, Newegg.com offers a Rush Processing option for orders placed before 12PM PST. This option costs a small additional fee, and Newegg will put forth its best efforts to ensure your package leaves our warehouse that day. However we can never guarantee same day shipping on any order. If we fail to ship your order on the same day it was placed, the rush processing fee will be refunded. If, however, you are close enough to our California, Tennessee or New Jersey warehouses, you can get Local Express Delivery for certain items. Check your item's shipping options during check out for details."

We're very sorry for your frustration. Our shipping process is posted clearly on our FAQ and meets or exceeds the performance of our competitors and that of nationally known brands.

Regards,

Viking360.com Staff"

Status
Not open for further replies.