Definitely defective audio USB

Wally SS

This will be I think my third post complaining about my controller, which is a shame because besides all of it's glaring errors I love this thing to pieces, and desperately want it to work properly for me.

The other problems I have managed to circumvent or simply put up with, but I recently bought a headset adapter, and the controller refuses to recognize it. I made sure I had the latest Viking firmware, but the XboxOne never recognized the adapter and prompted the controller update. I didn't think anything of it, and performed theMicrosoft Controller Update through the system/settings menu. It updated fine, but it still refuses to read the adapter. I know the adapter works, I have succesfully tested it on all of my normal XboxOne controllers.

The only difference between them and my Berserker is that when putting the adapter in, I have to push up on it slightly, because the port itself is slightly raised up, revealing the board beneath (Pic included). I didn't think much of it before, but I have never attempted to use a mic as I use Astro A50 headphones and wasn't able to chat with them until now. My only assumption is that somehow this is keeping the connection from being complete. If this is the cause, I can think of no solution that the attempt of which would not void my warranty, which I'm afraid I may be forced to use unless this magically works soon.

Any input would be appreciated.

Attachments

• Zerker.jpg
    Zerker.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 16

JIM WALKER

As 40_ounce says, start a ticket, but please be patient, they are kinda busy right now, but they will get you sorted.

odingalt

Staff member
We don't support third party headsets, period. Astro, Turtle Beach. The answer is simple, they don't even work with stock unmodded controllers and they aren't licensed by Microsoft. Over 5 years we have heard nothing but complaints about these third party headsets. If you google "astro problem with xbox" or "Turtle beach problem with ps4" you will get massive amounts of forum posts from customers having problems getting these headsets to work with unlicensed headsets.

When we ship it, it's been tested with a stock Sony or Microsoft headset. We guarantee it with a stock headset and that's it.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Like odin says they only endorse MS stock headsets and this is noted very clear when purchasing the berserker.

To go past this u may have to modify your adapter to get it to fit properly in the USB port. It basically sounds to me that its not snapping in deep enough to make a connection. If its a puck it may have to be gutted or shaved to clear more room to fit properly. These are just suggestion. I Dont know your setup or situation so I can only theorize what's happening and how it may be fixible!

odingalt

Staff member
With all that said, if it isn't working with a stock headset, then we'll take it back at the shop for diagnosis to figure out what's going on.