Discussion Thread:Viking360 Preset Editor beta version 0.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm going to take another look at the algorithm that converts the shots-per-second you select into actual rapidfire. It looked a little fishy to me but I wanted to get a functional beta out this weekend. Thanks for all the comments and thanks for testing this stuff out for me, helps me a lot. No matter how much I try to test and break things on my own, it never fails that once you release something, customers are much better at finding the weak areas :) So that's why I created this beta testing area. I know some mod shops make fun of me for releasing betas to customers. But it seems like a fair trade - customers help beta test, and I can continue to release free software :D. In a way, your willingness to beta test help control costs. This forum (and its members) are really what make Viking360 a great product.

obo

In all honesty i would prefer you release betas over perfecting it. This way we get to use stuff sooner :D

Krier023

Useful Poster
I dont know if this is just me but i load the code and when i take out the jack i have like 30 seconds to change modes and then it just kind of locks up and i cant change modes anymore

realdakar

Looking forward to tweaking the controller settings and exchanging settings with other vikings, would it be possible to make the left tak switch for the player 3 led and right tak for the player 4 led looks easier on the eye to use. Also when using the rapid re-load sometimes it changes the weapon (i have the 3 weapon mod) . well-done Im sure this has not been easy :geek: hopefully you are near the finish line. Great controller and future proof :D

Paul

realdakar said:
Looking forward to tweaking the controller settings and exchanging settings with other vikings, would it be possible to make the left tak switch for the player 3 led and right tak for the player 4 led looks easier on the eye to use. Also when using the rapid re-load sometimes it changes the weapon (i have the 3 weapon mod) . well-done Im sure this has not been easy :geek: hopefully you are near the finish line. Great controller and future proof :D

I think that's because it would need to hit Y 3 times with the 3 weapons mod instead of 2 times.

zackwg23

Hey OD something i have noticed on mine is that with the beta code on my controller and i hold the xbox button and select turn off console,

It will only turn of the console now and keep the controller on,

Just thought i would let you know its not a big deal cause i just pop my battery in and out then :D

If you wanna see my code or anything ill be happy to PM you i dont know if its just me or everyone else too

Love the hex editor tho keep up the great work! :mrgreen:

odingalt

Staff member
realdakar said:

I don't get it. You can pick which buttons work on which LED's. If you want left tac switch for the player 3 LED then just assign the left tac switch to control the rapidfire. Do you mean you want the user to be able to select which slot activates which LED? That's not a bad idea, we could probably do that.

tlrsilver

t4ius said:
i found using the original modern warfare 2 preset was good enough, just removed some of the crappy weapons and added a quick on off for fast reload, works great so far with no errors :p

i keep getting an error when i try to open the works hex file

zackwg23

tlrsilver said:
i keep getting an error when i try to open the works hex file

That is because OD made the hex files for the works for mw2 before the hex editor was out,

This means that he didnt use it to build the hex file and therefore its prolly in a different format the way it was built and cant be edited,

However you can virtually remake the works preset yourself the only thing you will be missing a few modes that OD said he would reinclude soon

Just be patient my friend OD is hard at work as usual :cool:

barz

im getting errors with every hex even the primer hex saying
the preset hex file is corrupt or has wrong format
tried to open all ravn hexs get same error

also why the hell is my text showing up black??

odingalt

Staff member
I will look into the 20.60 SPS cap issue.

You don't load any of the previous hex files. The Works driver, the All in One drivers, the Primer hex, these are not compatible with the hex editor. You have to create your own hex from scratch using the editor, then follow instructions in post 1 of this thread exactly. We'll try to find a way to make life less confusing in future releases.

theblur1

Not sure if i missed/misread something but i downloaded the 'Viking360 HEX Editor' and i cant seem to open it?
I have it on my destop. HIDBootloader opens properly but i cant seem to open the HEX editor.
No error messages are appearing; just nothing it happening

Krier023

Useful Poster
you might want to check your virus scanners. when i try to open things that are suspicious to the virus scan it just doesnt open them

theblur1

i scanned it and no viruses are found.

*EDIT* I tryed 'running as' and it said it could not find the correct runtime to run the program. Anyone know what to do?

gambini98

theblur1 said:
i scanned it and no viruses are found.

*EDIT* I tryed 'running as' and it said it could not find the correct runtime to run the program. Anyone know what to do?
What I would do is a full virus scan of your computer, then disable your virus scan and try to open the program. I know you stated that you scanned the folder and it popped up saying there isn't a virus, but you should scan your system like I said and disable the antivirus as a process of elimination to see how to get this working. Sometimes runtime errors are caused by viruses. What operating system do you have?? What antivirus are you using?
I have Macafee and it totally is a pain sometimes. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.