Discussion Thread:Viking360 Preset Editor beta version 0.05

Status
Not open for further replies.

odingalt

Staff member
A discussion thread for the new viking 360 hex editor (this is a functional beta) version 0.05. What's new in this version:

-Added dropshot. When in dropshot mode, a tap of the the B button will cause the character to completely lie down (or completely stand up).
-Added new jitter mods with improved support for Striker - for Striker, choose Jitter (x,y,y method) and set it to Fast.
-Pre-tuned speeds should now work properly when selected.
-Improved the shots-per-second conversion (but not completely fixed yet, for example if you pick 10 shots per second, it's not exactly 10 shots per second)

-We have identified the error where if you pick a custom speed faster than 20.60 shots-per-second in the editor, the controller fires at 1 shots-per-second. We will fix this in the next release. For now you can choose any speed up to 20.60.
-The mod does not seem to turn off, when the controller is turned off (or if the xbox is powered off and the controller powers off with it). Will investigate this further and incorporate fix in a future release.

Download the 0.05 beta here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=816

obo

I like how you added dropshot, but a suggestion i want to voice is have an option that when you press the right tact switch(for example) you drop fully down and shoot at the same time.
This could be non-rapidfire/rapidfire/or even jitter depending on the mode

odingalt

Staff member
The dropshot can definitely be a work in progress. We can look at adding functionality with the tactile switches, when it comes to adding functionality that the Odin's Raven can have, but the Thor's Hammer cannot, coding the Windows GUI becomes a f*ing nightmare :lol:

As far as the way dropshot works, there's an old thread around here somewhere, but is everyone in consensus that the dropshot should not only drop your character to the ground but start firing automatically? Here's the question, how long is the character supposed to keep firing for / what makes him stop firing?

I feel like I'm going to get into that same situation again where 10 different people want 10 different things lol but I will do my best, that's what this custom preset editor is for.

obo

I think a simple solution for how long it should fire for would just be for how long you push the button for. After all, thats how mostly all the other mods work. Except bursts, etc.
That would let people be the judge of their own fire length each time they shoot.

odingalt

Staff member
Ok you are thinking of the odin's raven and using the tac switch. I am thinking of the sleeper owners. Basically I would have to have to completely different dropshop mods, one for raven and one for hammer. I can see where this is going. Some people will want auto fire while you hold the button, others are going to want a delay, yet others are going to want to be able to turn it on at the beginning and tap some button again at the end, I think I'm going to put this way at the back burner for now.

I could code a second custom preset editor just for the frickin' dropshot customization.

zackwg23

Wowww OD! You have simply outdone yourself!

I got home from the bars tonight because kansas state got to the elite 8 and i saw the new version up!

First of all the striker with the (x,y,y) jitter is just out of this world lol

All of the presets seem to be working flawlessly from what i can tell even tho im pretty hammered lol

The dropshot option is very nice i cant wait to play with it tomorrow after class!

The only thing right now i can think of for a future release is a quick switch type option

What i mean by that is say im using the FAL and a Striker as my secondary,

I want to use the custom rapidfire preset of 14sps on the FAL but when i get in close quarters i want to have jitter on the striker without needing to hold the tac switches,

So what if there was a third column in the editor so you have slot 1, slot 2 and quick switch,

What quick switch does it let you pick two presets, (so it has all the selectable dropdowns the slot 1 & 2 have),

However once you pick your two presets it allows you to switch instantly from one preset to the other using the button option that you select whether its hitting a tact switch or clicking the mouse stick,

This way you can FAL someone outside an open area then run into a building and click you quickswitch to get the jitter going for the Striker and not have to worry about changing modes the old way,

Not sure if its possible or ifs its a good idea because ive drank a bit too much but i thought i would just throw it our there and see what you think!

Sorry this is a long post, and keep up the unparalleled support and love that you put into your work OD your simply the BEST! :D

obo

odingalt said:
Ok you are thinking of the odin's raven and using the tac switch. I am thinking of the sleeper owners. Basically I would have to have to completely different dropshop mods, one for raven and one for hammer. I can see where this is going. Some people will want auto fire while you hold the button, others are going to want a delay, yet others are going to want to be able to turn it on at the beginning and tap some button again at the end, I think I'm going to put this way at the back burner for now.

I could code a second custom preset editor just for the frickin' dropshot customization.

i was thinking the concept could be the same for both controllers, raven owners just use a tact switch, and hammer owners use b. Then however long the button (b or tact) is held, thats how long it shoots.

I feel like im missing something though. Is there a problem im not seeing?

jvswimjack

Would it be possible to add more button toggles like Right thumbstick click+ sync button so every time I knife it doesn't switch modes. Also would making the sync button able to function for more than one slot be a problem?

Schltz010

i love the drop shot but only problem is that i use tactical layout, so my crouch and laydown is the right analoge stick.

xXtRaSaUcE

I just noticed that when using the right tac switch the player 3 lights up instead of 4 like usual? I double checked and reprogrammed it but no luck. I tried my presets to the left switch and dropshot etc to the right but that just makes player 4 light for the drop and player 3 for the speeds. I guess to simplify my player 4 should light with speed changes and player 3 with dropshot and reload.

odingalt

Staff member
Guys these are all great and amazing ideas and wonderful bug reports, keep them coming!

I will do my best to work this stuff in over time as we keep releasing new versions. I'm very happy with the results of this new editor so far, I think it's really going to help me come out with new features more often than before, and at the same time make more customers happier in one fell swoop.

OHxSOOOxJAZZY

I believe someone said something about the dropshot button being B and I agree there should be a way it will work for the right thumbstick as I play on tactical.
Other then that I'm loving the program. It is just another reason why viking is the best controller out. What other company allows you to custom set everything about the controller?! Lovin it OD, Keep it up and I can't wait to see the next version :D<3

Yakoel

i had been testing out the gui, and i guess it hates me. i can only use the presets, otherwise its not rapid fire at all. (was using it on the FAL if that makes any difference) i preloaded the Primer for thors hammer too, so its not that im forgetting to do that. im trying to figure this out, since i really wanna finally get the FAL to shoot a little faster than it already does, nothings ever too fast for me. =P

zackwg23

Yakoel said:
i had been testing out the gui, and i guess it hates me. i can only use the presets, otherwise its not rapid fire at all. (was using it on the FAL if that makes any difference) i preloaded the Primer for thors hammer too, so its not that im forgetting to do that. im trying to figure this out, since i really wanna finally get the FAL to shoot a little faster than it already does, nothings ever too fast for me. =P

Try using 13.80 Custom rapid fire for the FAL thats what i use and it works greats bro

OHxSOOOxJAZZY

not sure if this was like this before, but the fast reloads from CoD4 seem to be acting funny. It'll reload and then there will be a delay, its on the preset btw. The double tap off setting doesn't make a difference at all for the g3 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.