Discussion Thread:Viking360 Preset Editor beta version 0.05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul

odingalt said:
Ok you are thinking of the odin's raven and using the tac switch. I am thinking of the sleeper owners. Basically I would have to have to completely different dropshop mods, one for raven and one for hammer. I can see where this is going. Some people will want auto fire while you hold the button, others are going to want a delay, yet others are going to want to be able to turn it on at the beginning and tap some button again at the end, I think I'm going to put this way at the back burner for now.

I could code a second custom preset editor just for the frickin' dropshot customization.

Well, by definition of the controller modding market, a drop shot button is a button that emulates b so when you click it or hold it, it's like your clicking or holding B.

But let me say OD, if you come up with a solution for sleeper owners, it will be one hell of a thing to see.

Itz CHARLEY

There already is a drop shot button, right thumbstick HOLD. I use tactical and there is no reason to give Odin more work by requesting a dropshot mod for the tactical config. Tactical allows you to look on the x and y axis while dropping down, but you are not able to look around while knifing. If you have used tactical since cod 4 like me you probably have gotten used to a fast reaction for pressing B to swing but getting your finger back on the right thumbstick in time to lead the enemy into your swing. Tactical was made for dropshot and I suggest that if you like the current version of the dropshot mod you should switch to default config. With default you have the ability to look while knifing and while dropshoting with the aid of the dropshot mod. With the mod you can knife and "dropknife" at the same time. If you don't want to switch to default because you are to used to tactical, trust me, you do not need a mod. People who have alot of experience dropshotting and knifing with the tactical configuration have an advantage that cannot be improved by the use of PEDropshot mods.

Krier023

Useful Poster
yeah a drop and shoot mod would be nice for no/quick scoping because the bullet flies straighter if you drop to crouch as your shooting

ian_tweed

Just got a Raven, and the thing is lovely.

I want to use the right rac switch for rapid fire, and keep the right trigger for normal fire. Right now I use the "Popular 8 Mode for the Right Tactile Switch" preset.

The Preset Editor Beta 0.05 only seems to give the option of changing the fire rate of rapid fire on the trigger. Am I missing something?

If the Preset Editor cannot right now allow for presets with right rac switch for rapid fire, will this be added in the future?

Itz CHARLEY

thats a good idea ian. That would really help us battlefield players.
ian_tweed said:
Just got a Raven, and the thing is lovely.

I want to use the right rac switch for rapid fire, and keep the right trigger for normal fire. Right now I use the "Popular 8 Mode for the Right Tactile Switch" preset.

The Preset Editor Beta 0.05 only seems to give the option of changing the fire rate of rapid fire on the trigger. Am I missing something?

If the Preset Editor cannot right now allow for presets with right rac switch for rapid fire, will this be added in the future

crazymonkey0501

odingalt said:
A discussion thread for the new viking 360 hex editor (this is a functional beta) version 0.05. What's new in this version:

-Added dropshot. When in dropshot mode, a tap of the the B button will cause the character to completely lie down (or completely stand up).
-Added new jitter mods with improved support for Striker - for Striker, choose Jitter (x,y,y method) and set it to Fast.
-Pre-tuned speeds should now work properly when selected.
-Improved the shots-per-second conversion (but not completely fixed yet, for example if you pick 10 shots per second, it's not exactly 10 shots per second)

-We have identified the error where if you pick a custom speed faster than 20.60 shots-per-second in the editor, the controller fires at 1 shots-per-second. We will fix this in the next release. For now you can choose any speed up to 20.60.
-The mod does not seem to turn off, when the controller is turned off (or if the xbox is powered off and the controller powers off with it). Will investigate this further and incorporate fix in a future release.

Download the 0.05 beta here: http://www.viking360.com/forums/viewtop ... f=35&t=816

can u make a vid downloading the new beta im not good withbthese stuff

Hey I was wondering if u Have fixed the " U cant go over 20.06 sps " bug in the Viking360 Flash Preset editor, Because i would use this but with MW2 I use 23 sps and other games i use over 20.06.... I would really like to be using this new editor....

odingalt

Staff member
It's fixed but I am waiting to release the next version, based on all the feedback I am working to release a 'final' version instead of another beta, unfortunately I needed to enlist the help of a windows software programmer, they are about 75% of the way through fixing the hex editor, I have the microcontroller code (that's the part I write) ready to rock. I retrieved the source file from the developer, it's in C##, I'm more of a C++ guy, I'm picking through it this weekend hoping I can finish the software before they do, but it looks like they are going to be faster than me this time. It's taking me a couple of hours of reading lines of code just to catch up where they are at.

Anyway as you already know I'm practically 3 months behind schedule on this project already, but I promise you I'm working on it lol. For some reason I just can't seem to keep a schedule. I can't wait to get the final version of this thing released so I can post it on the home page, write an instruction manual and start making tutorial videos for it. (I didn't want to write instructions or make videos since this thing was going to change so much in the beta stages)

Ben

odingalt said:
It's fixed but I am waiting to release the next version, based on all the feedback I am working to release a 'final' version instead of another beta, unfortunately I needed to enlist the help of a windows software programmer, they are about 75% of the way through fixing the hex editor, I have the microcontroller code (that's the part I write) ready to rock. I retrieved the source file from the developer, it's in C##, I'm more of a C++ guy, I'm picking through it this weekend hoping I can finish the software before they do, but it looks like they are going to be faster than me this time. It's taking me a couple of hours of reading lines of code just to catch up where they are at.

Anyway as you already know I'm practically 3 months behind schedule on this project already, but I promise you I'm working on it lol. For some reason I just can't seem to keep a schedule. I can't wait to get the final version of this thing released so I can post it on the home page, write an instruction manual and start making tutorial videos for it. (I didn't want to write instructions or make videos since this thing was going to change so much in the beta stages)

I love you Einar :D

I can't wait for this final one! :D

odingalt said:

My Bad, I wasnt trying to sound pushy or anything its just that I was trying to find out whats goin on... Its cool and it will be worth the wait ! Thanx...

VeNGaNCe34

Hey this is such a great set up! But i want to know if you can do a couple things....

1) I am beeing greedy but i would like to have a class for run and gun for the FAL. This would mean a 13.80 sps rapid fire, a drop shot mod linked to the trigger (so pull the trigger and it rapid fires and drops shots), and the rapid reload for the Fal. Is this possible?

2)Also i have an idea for a Fal and a Striker combination. Have your Preset 1 be the 13.80 sps and the rapid reload for the fal. and then when you press Y to switch classes it would also switch the controller to Preset 2. Preset 2 would be the x,y,y jitter mod with rapid fire for the striker and the drop shot mod linked to the right trigger.(pull the trigger get the jitter mod rapid fire and the instant drop shot. IF THIS IS POSSIBLE I WOULD BE IN LOVE WITH THE PRESET

OR I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS. HAVE THE LEFT TAC SWITCH TURN THE MOD ON AND OFF. AND HAVE THE RIGHT TAC SWITCH CHANGE TO PRESET 2 AND SWITCH YOUR GUNS. WHAT EVER IT WOULD BE EASIEST TO PROGRAM. Y BUTTON OR RIGHT TAC BOTH WOULD BE GREAT. (the y button will no longer work see my latter post for explanation)

VeNGaNCe34

Krier023 said:
wow your number 2 amazed me. i would also be in love with that

that was my intention thanks though. I think everyone would love to have that.

but i just thought of a problem: if the switch was rigged to the y button when you die in preset 2 with the stiker you would spawn in mode 2 with the Fal. the sequence would get thrown off because you would have no way to switch back to mode 1. in order to fix this you would need to rig the gun switch and mode change to the right tac switch so you could still use the y button to switch guns without changing the mode.

OD is this possible?

Krier023

Useful Poster
or you could have the pres y switch modes on the left tact and then the modes on the right tact so you can turn the y on and of and you could manually switch it back to the fal mode with the right tact

Status
Not open for further replies.