DIY MACRO kits?

Semtize

Hey guys, I know that you wouldnt like to sell the chips, because people may have problems with installing.
Personally i would love for you guys to sell a kit.

I read somewhere on your forums that u didnt want to sell the chips because people would complain about errors with installing.. But to be honest couldnt u put some TOC's and Policy's Up regarding that.
As for msyelf, i live in Australia so im slugged with a $115 postage fee, but i would love to have DIY kits, which are much cheaper and cost less to ship.. as i recently bought a customizable rapid fire controller for $140 and my dad wouldn't be to happy with me getting another controller for $310.

I wouldnt even mind if the kits werent as good as the controllers i.e having 4 tactile switches instead of 6. But knowing im still getting the macro functions, would make me happy.
And also, One of the owners of Viking said you will be discontinuing stock after some 250 controllers are sold... Is that correct?

Furthermore, i read somewhere that u guys buy a after market chip (correct me if im wrong), but does that aftermarket chip still have the functions you guys have in your controllers. i.e no other chips and programming?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
The difficulty of installing Ive heard is incredibly hard. Also yes the macro controller will be discontinued since the chips are too expensive and the controller mother boards got discontinued by Microsoft. You may be able to work something out with Odin but most likely the DIY cheap wont happen just because of the difficulty it takes to install the chip.

odingalt

Staff member
Not going to happen. We have 250 pre-assembled macro controllers left. That's it. Out of stock.

Fredrow

too expensive how much are they.

What is to expensive??

We would like to answer your questions but I'm confused with your comments.
Could you please try and re-word your statement so that it makes sense?

Thanks!!!

x iiTryHard o

ModdingBros Member
yea putting a kit in your controller is almost impossible for people who dont know what there doing as of i heard there is maybe about 15-25 wires and in my opinion thats really hard figuring out which wire is which and what goes were and if something messes up it will be pretty hard to find the problem

Semtize

yea putting a kit in your controller is almost impossible for people who dont know what there doing as of i heard there is maybe about 15-25 wires and in my opinion thats really hard figuring out which wire is which and what goes were and if something messes up it will be pretty hard to find the problem
some people in this world are just meant to touch electronics.