Diy mod help

supimbob333

Okay, when I removed the A button from the controller... everything freaked out.... It went back to beeing just like it was before... but when I put it back on all the random flashing and errors went away.... I don't know what is going on...

And So I finally gave up, and I just put the controller togeather and now it works 100% other than the fact that I disconnected the RS button...

Thank you all for you wonderful help.
I will most likely be back. lol.

Fredrow

The reason why the right-thumbstick and the A button confuse so many people is because both of those buttons share the same PINS as the D+ and D- (which you should know now that they are connected to your jack)..... So if you were running the button test code and maybe forgot to unplug the cord from the jack then both P3 and P4 LEDs would flash because the Viking chip would think that they are grounded.

Right-THumbstick shares with D-
A shares with D+

Fredrow

Another thing you may want to do next time is to not strip so much of your wire when making the connections. I can see a lot of bare wire just from looking at the picture of your Viking chip, you really don't want to see any bare wire. You have to remember that your only working with 30AWG wire, so when you strip your ends you only need to do the slightest cu^% hair......

supimbob333

Like I said, I would be back. Well here I am.
Okay, so I took my controller over to my friends house to see if I got it to work. Well it was working fine for the 5 private matches we did. Jitter mod, akimbo, all of them worked. So I decided I wanted to go lol all over some people with the akimbo m9s and Then it happened. The controller took up a mind of its own, and just went crazy, if one of the mods were on, It would do it even with out me pushing any buttons. I did get kicked out of that game. It said "client command overload". What went wrong?

supimbob333

Fredrow said:
The reason why the right-thumbstick and the A button confuse so many people is because both of those buttons share the same PINS as the D+ and D- (which you should know now that they are connected to your jack)..... So if you were running the button test code and maybe forgot to unplug the cord from the jack then both P3 and P4 LEDs would flash because the Viking chip would think that they are grounded.

Right-THumbstick shares with D-
A shares with D+

HOLY CRAP!!!!
To be honest that was my problem the whole time, that is why I started this thread. Because I could not figure out why those buttons flashed 24/7. Well now that I know what I did wrong there I can be much more relieved.

But Yet I still have problems.....

Fredrow

Here is one more trick you can try before you mail your controller off to me....lol......

Put your controller into programming mode and SYNC it up with your PC. Next open up the HID bootloader program and then click the button
"Erase Device"

Wait for it to erase the Viking chip then unplug your controller and take out the battery pack.....

Next, do everything again but this time do not erase the device, now I want you to load the button test code again and run it one more time and record the results and post them on here to let me know what it did this time!!!!

Itz CHARLEY

supimbob333 said:
Okay, so I took my controller over to my friends house to see if I got it to work. Well it was working fine for the 5 private matches we did. Jitter mod, akimbo, all of them worked. So I decided I wanted to go lol all over some people with the akimbo m9s and Then it happened. The controller took up a mind of its own, and just went crazy, if one of the mods were on, It would do it even with out me pushing any buttons. I did get kicked out of that game. It said "client command overload". What went wrong?
were you lagging? ive had a client command overload before in modern warfare 2 and W@W. mostly W@W because when it lags you can hold down the trigger on a Kar98 and it shoots like a Thompson with infinite ammo lol.

supimbob333

Okay, it is back to being normal.
No problems to speak of, I have no idea what it is doing....
Thank you for all your help.

Well I am at home and I don't currently have a xbox to test it on, but the button test code is good.

Do you know anything about the "command" error and getting kicked out of the game?

Also I have some questions for you and your east Seattle electronics.
Do you "take orders" like if I asked you to make a colts one could/would you do it?
And do you do custom controllers with out a mod chip in them?
And your DIY kits are 10$ more than foundmy.com.

Thank you for your patience.

supimbob333

Itz CHARLEY said:
supimbob333 said:
were you lagging? ive had a client command overload before in modern warfare 2 and W@W. mostly W@W because when it lags you can hold down the trigger on a Kar98 and it shoots like a Thompson with infinite ammo lol.

Well it wasn't for the whole game just about 20 seconds before the client command overload kicked me out of the game.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I think the client overload happens if you are lagging baddly and try and press all kinds of buttons at once. I could definatly see mods, especially jitter increasing the chance of this, but you have to be lagging first. If you start to lag, don't press anny buttons until you stop lagging.

Itz CHARLEY

PS3andCOD said:
I think the client overload happens if you are lagging baddly and try and press all kinds of buttons at once. I could definatly see mods, especially jitter increasing the chance of this, but you have to be lagging first. If you start to lag, don't press anny buttons until you stop lagging.
well actually i did it just a few hours ago on favela. I hit bad lag when i had the intervention and i held the trigger down to make it rapid fire and i got kicked for overload.

supimbob333

Yea I don't know what it was.
But now the b button is back to doing 2 buttons. b and I think RB.

This is getting really annoying.

supimbob333

Hey Fedorw, I know it has been a wile. and I have had some super extencive time to figure out what is wrong with my mod. And I still have no idea. One moment it will appear to be working and then 2 hours later it doesnt work so I run the button test code and then I found out that the A B and X buttons are not operating correctly. I also have ruined well used 2 different pcbs to figure out what is wrong.... I dont know so I was wondering if I can send it to you and have you figure out what is wrong with it for maybe 50$ or something. That would be wonderful. I just want to get it working. Thank you.
- Ross.