Does the Ragnarok software require a 32 bit PC ?

ader42

Does the Ragnarok software require a 32 bit PC ?

It doesn't seem to want to install on the 64bit PC I have access to :(

Btw I'd prefer a Mac version of the software...

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
No you do not need a 32 bit I have a 64 bit and it works just fine. Do you happen to have Microsoft visual c++ installed? I know this plays a big role in the software's. Also when you download it what extension does it have? It should have .msi. Download link: http://www.vikingdigital.com/downloads/PS3 Ragnarok Software Installer v1.3.0.msi

Last edited:

ader42

I'll try again then. Might have been the file extension thing.

Reason is I was going to try and reset back to "factory settings" to see if I can get it working with Black Ops as at present it disconnects the controller whenever I fire :(

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Hmmm thats odd that shouldnt happen, yeah definitely try it again hopefully you will get everything in tip top shape.

odingalt

Staff member
Could you post the error message you are receiving? I'm using it on 64-bit a-okay here.

(As far as the controller disconnecting when you fire, that sounds more like a hardware problem to me :-( )

ader42

I remembered another pc I have access to on weekends at in-laws,. Software installed fine on that pc. I think previous issue was downloading on a mac resulted in a .exe filename extension.

Problem now is I forgot a charging USB cable as I'd forgotten my Ragnarok won't charge (it never has but I'm in UK and didn't want to have to send it back to USA) I can only use it with a cable plugged in. I have a long cable and controller works fine in MW3 so hasn't bothered me.

I'll have to try again next weekend but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions about the not charging issue please let me know ;)

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yeah you can not download the software on a mac unless you run boot camp. They may eventually release a mac version but I dont see it in the near future.

The charging issue is weird though maybe try using a different battery pack along with a different charging cable.

ader42

At the risk, nay certainty, of sounding noob, I've never opened a ps3 controller. Is it straight forward? Any suggestions as to where to get replacement battery pack to try?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Oh crap I am sorry I thought you were on xbox I totally spaced it out Im sorry. Maybe try different USB ports and different USB cables.

odingalt

Staff member
I remembered another pc I have access to on weekends at in-laws,. Software installed fine on that pc. I think previous issue was downloading on a mac resulted in a .exe filename extension.

Problem now is I forgot a charging USB cable as I'd forgotten my Ragnarok won't charge (it never has but I'm in UK and didn't want to have to send it back to USA) I can only use it with a cable plugged in. I have a long cable and controller works fine in MW3 so hasn't bothered me.

I'll have to try again next weekend but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions about the not charging issue please let me know ;)

Staff has reported to me that they've actually had defective Sony battery right out of the box. Or could be battery got unplugged. Or other problem with bad wiring??? Does the contoller and mods seem to work properly otherwise?

ader42

As mentioned above, the controller works fine in MW3 with a cable.

However, I'm now a happy bunny :

I took the screws out of the controller but wasn't brave enough to take controller apart so put screws back. I then tried the reset button with a paperclip (didn't know about that hidden button).
Then when I got home I plugged it in and it began charging! :)
Once charged I tried Black Ops and it works fine now!

So I don't know what solved the charging issue, me messing with it or the reset button, but it looks like the issue with Black Ops was directly related to the not-charging/no-power issue. So now all is well :)

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for posting back!!!

I guess Sony put that reset button there for a reason lol :rolleyes: