Duo=Valhalla?

o KxR Khaos o

I'm Planning on buying a Duo soon but I've heard that a new mod chip is coming out called the "Valhalla". If i bought the duo now would i be able to send it back in later when it is released to get it upgraded to the "Valhalla"?

Itz CHARLEY

o KxR Khaos o said:
I'm Planning on buying a Duo soon but I've heard that a new mod chip is coming out called the "Valhalla". If i bought the duo now would i be able to send it back in later when it is released to get it upgraded to the "Valhalla"?
Yes if you want too, it will still be a while before it comes out but Viking has great customer service and Fredrow is great at upgrading mods at ESE. :)

obo

i should stop you guys right there.

Based on the technology though of the next generation viking, upgrading a controller for say, would be extremely costly. It would be much cheaper to just sent in another controller, or too buy a brand new one. You're forgetting that to "upgrade" a controller to an entirely new chip, one would have to open up the controller and de-solder everything, and completely remove the old chip and componants from the controller. It would be far more cost effective to just send in a new controller that doesnt take an hour to desolder back to its original self so a new mod can be applied.

however, there are two things that i should mention after this.

1) Odin might offer reduced prices to previous viking owners who want to buy a new mod. (IM NOT SAYING THIS IS FOR SURE, im just saying it's a possibility)

2) you could honestly open up ebay and sell your controller for 20-50 bucks below market price and you would probly get a sale within a day or two. then just use that money to get the new controller.

For now though, i would honestly recommend just buying a controller and using it. The new chip is still a ways away, and a lot has to be done before it will be created... so i wouldnt spend months waiting, you'll just regret it.

Krier023

Useful Poster
Yeah they said the first set they tried to make went terribly wrong, but since they are working on the gui i dont think the chip will be out for a while. it was suppose to be hooked to the d pad and let you program your own macros

obo

Ben. said:
New chip!? Where did you guys see this?!

I must have missed something haa

on some thread odin mentioned that the name "valhalla" was reserved for the second generation viking controller.
i was explaining how when this chip were to come out, it wouldnt be cost effective to upgrade on the same controller, it would be cheaper just to start with a fresh controller. but thats still a long ways away, so i was being sure that they didnt play the waiting game for it to come out, since nothing has even been said about it, or its production

Xx Binno xX

I've never seen the post could someone post the link for it? I also herd something way back around October about the viking micro or something to that effect. It does the same thing as the Valhalla but just a different name but basically it will have an input and output to all the buttons. Some buttons are input only some are input and output, some are just output.

odingalt

Staff member
We talked about 'Valhalla' in October. We have a prototype in our shop since late October 2009. It runs codes like anti-recoil for sniper rifles. Well we are literally months behind schedule and I would say we are at least another 3 months to (who knows when) before we will have Valhalla ready for the market. We want this to be the 'end all' of all mods.

We will not offer an upgrade option for existing controllers, the two technologies will not be compatible. Upgrade would require de-installing all wiring of the existing purple mod chip, and re-installation of the new mod. It is possible that other shops like Fredrow eastside electronics or Ben in the UK could possibly offer an upgrade service, we we have not had an official discussion with them about this. The savings would be minimal.

Our free viking hex editor is in fact a part of the Research & Development for the new Valhalla. We can't release any more details, as there are several mod companies working behind the scenes one releasing 'the next big thing'. This is a very competetive market, so everyone tries to keep as much secret as possible. Regardless of whether or not Viking360 is the first company to release the next-gen XBOX 360 controller mod, we will no doubt release the best mod.

o KxR Khaos o

odingalt said:
We talked about 'Valhalla' in October. We have a prototype in our shop since late October 2009. It runs codes like anti-recoil for sniper rifles. Well we are literally months behind schedule and I would say we are at least another 3 months to (who knows when) before we will have Valhalla ready for the market. We want this to be the 'end all' of all mods.

We will not offer an upgrade option for existing controllers, the two technologies will not be compatible. Upgrade would require de-installing all wiring of the existing purple mod chip, and re-installation of the new mod. It is possible that other shops like Fredrow eastside electronics or Ben in the UK could possibly offer an upgrade service, we we have not had an official discussion with them about this. The savings would be minimal.

Our free viking hex editor is in fact a part of the Research & Development for the new Valhalla. We can't release any more details, as there are several mod companies working behind the scenes one releasing 'the next big thing'. This is a very competetive market, so everyone tries to keep as much secret as possible. Regardless of whether or not Viking360 is the first company to release the next-gen XBOX 360 controller mod, we will no doubt release the best mod.
This makes me want to play the Waiting game :? I wonder if i should get the duo now or wait for the new mod chip.

viking360fan

its not worth waiting and if there is allot of stuff u like about it sell your duo for 20 to 30 less then you paid for it on craiglist or ebay :0