Ebay is ridiculous

Krier023

Useful Poster
Just wanted to write a comment on how ridiculous ebay is.

So I sold this console without a dvd drive to someone. He didn't do enough research to understand each xbox is paired to a specific type of dvd drive with a specific dvd key. He just slapped the cheapest xbox dvd drive he could find in there, it didn't work, and he said the console was unfixable, and disputed through ebay. Through a report system, I explained to ebay how the buyer ignorantly said it was unfixable, and did not go to lengths to get it fixed. I was not willing to give him a refund because the console had been tampered with. Ebay refunded him anyway as long as he sent it back. As soon as the shipping label said the console was at my house, ebay instantly refunded him. I come home later that night, plug the xbox in, look at that, 3 red rings. That is not the way I sent it to him, and shouldnt have been the way I got it back. I appealed the ebay case since the only reason he wanted to return is because he broke it, ebay said they are sticking with their decision to give him back his money. I am going to call ebay tomorrow, but do you guys have any advice on how I should go about doing something?

Its **** like this that ****es meoff. Ebay and paypal have full control over your money, and do stuff like this all the time. If there were other options that were big enough that people would buy, and sell through them, I would not be using paypal, or ebay.

Phetamine

I have had disputes with paypal over stupid stuff before and once they decide thats it. I had a vendor refund me on paypal so I closed the resolution. Soon as I did they emailed paypal saying someone who was not authorized to issue refunds did it and paypal undid the refund and because I had closed the dispute because of the refund I could not reopen it. I wish you luck but I doubt it will work out in your favor. This is why I no longer use paypal or ebay if you use common sense and logic they will go the other way.

odingalt

Staff member
Paypal and E-bay = don't bother. We only use PayPal and E-bay because we expect around 10% of transactions will result in fraud where we lose the money altogether. We pass this cost onto the other 90% of successful transactions. It doesn't matter if you are the buyer or the seller, sooner or later you will get f.uck.ed by E-bay or PayPal.

VikingDigital.com - you can buy a PS3 Ragnarok (basic non-programmable, black, no options) for $99.95 plus about $10 shipping.
On E-bay, with 15% fees, we have to charge $129.95 for the same controller. $129.95 - 15% fees ($19.4925) = $110.45.
In other words, a customer must pay at least $20 more for the same exact product in order to purchase this product through E-Bay.

Some buyers mistakently think that E-Bay and PayPal offer some sort of magical buyer protection above and beyond what is provided by Visa, MasterCard and their bank. This is simply not true. E-Ebay and PayPal have a long, long history of both buyers and sellers being fleeced using these services.

One time I ordered a satellite TV receiver with access card. I literally received literally a small box full of rusty nuts and bolts from the seller. I took photos of the nuts and bolts and the packaging and filed a dispute with e-bay. I'm still waiting for my $200... When I asked e-bay for a refund, they told me that the seller's account had been suspended for some time and that it was my fault for buying. (Of course, when I bought, the seller had 100% feedback... ???). I never got a refund.

NYjetsNY1

One time I ordered a satellite TV receiver with access card. I literally received literally a small box full of rusty nuts and bolts from the seller. I took photos of the nuts and bolts and the packaging and filed a dispute with e-bay. I'm still waiting for my $200... When I asked e-bay for a refund, they told me that the seller's account had been suspended for some time and that it was my fault for buying. (Of course, when I bought, the seller had 100% feedback... ???). I never got a refund.

Happened to me too. Bought cologne on ebay for $40 or so... Nothing came after a week or two.
Disputed on ebay, seller was banned. He had 100% feedback beforehand. He literally just scammed, nothing but scammed me.

Called the credit card company, disputed there and got my money back.

odingalt

Staff member
You were lucky to have used a credit card. When I got scammed, it was before PayPal required linking of a credit card. Only my checking account was linked, and the money I paid came straight out of my PayPal balance. Neither E-Bay nor PayPal were interested in re-imbursing me for the scam, so I was out a couple hundred dollars.

40_ounce

I sold a laptop on eBay a few months back. I listed it as is used. Nothing was wrong with it I just wanted some extra cash to buy a new laptop. The buyer claimed that the laptop was broken and didn't boot. So he/she files a complaint and as you know as long as the buyer sends the merchandise back they get refunded. Well I received the laptop back with a broken LCD screen and missing parts...WTF? I took pictures sent them to eBay. Did they care no.... oh well that was the last time I ever sold on eBay.

odingalt

Staff member
I sold a laptop on eBay a few months back. I listed it as is used. Nothing was wrong with it I just wanted some extra cash to buy a new laptop. The buyer claimed that the laptop was broken and didn't boot. So he/she files a complaint and as you know as long as the buyer sends the merchandise back they get refunded. Well I received the laptop back with a broken LCD screen and missing parts...WTF? I took pictures sent them to eBay. Did they care no.... oh well that was the last time I ever sold on eBay.

:-( Typical e-bay scam. Heck, you're better off buying or selling to and from the Chinese halfway across the world, they are more trustworthy.

Fredrow

Just wanted to write a comment on how ridiculous ebay is.

So I sold this console without a dvd drive to someone. He didn't do enough research to understand each xbox is paired to a specific type of dvd drive with a specific dvd key. He just slapped the cheapest xbox dvd drive he could find in there, it didn't work, and he said the console was unfixable, and disputed through ebay. Through a report system, I explained to ebay how the buyer ignorantly said it was unfixable, and did not go to lengths to get it fixed. I was not willing to give him a refund because the console had been tampered with. Ebay refunded him anyway as long as he sent it back. As soon as the shipping label said the console was at my house, ebay instantly refunded him. I come home later that night, plug the xbox in, look at that, 3 red rings. That is not the way I sent it to him, and shouldnt have been the way I got it back. I appealed the ebay case since the only reason he wanted to return is because he broke it, ebay said they are sticking with their decision to give him back his money. I am going to call ebay tomorrow, but do you guys have any advice on how I should go about doing something?

Its **** like this that ****es meoff. Ebay and paypal have full control over your money, and do stuff like this all the time. If there were other options that were big enough that people would buy, and sell through them, I would not be using paypal, or ebay.

Isn't this the second time in a very short span that you have been F'-ed over through eBay? I swear I remember you posting this exact same type of post before... That sucks dude!!!

But I personally love eBay!!! I can't remember ever having a bad time using eBay!!! Plus I have saved a $h!t ton of money from using eBay, so I guess I'm one of the lucky people!!!! Fo' sheezy my neezy keep my arms so breezy!!!!!!