EURIKA !!!! STICK DRIFT FIXED :) :) :)

JIM WALKER

DONE IT !!!!!!
Removed and replaced left stick 3D module ....

Removing the miniscule Viking wires though was easier than I thought they would be, de soldering the module and removing it from the board was the hard part, patience and a gentle touch though, and of it popped.

FEELING VERY SMUG AT THIS MOMENT, LOL

I have checked all the berserker features, all working properly ...

TOTAL SUCCESS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now have to do it on the other berserker. EASY, LOL

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Awsome job Jim! I had to do the same thing with my macro controller but I replaced both LS & RS anologes.

It can be a bit nerve racking as its quite easy to accidentally rip a trace out. The prongs love to stick to the sides of the PCB and its hard to heat them up and bend them into the center of the holes after you desolderd. Glade u had great success!

I successfully replaced one left anologe on a xb1 controller then the next one I did, it made my guy do circles even though everything was centers and solders perfectly. Its really a hit and miss with XB1 controller anologs. Glade u had great success!

JIM WALKER

Just finished the second berserker, sadly it was a FAIL, not the part I expected though, stick worked perfectly, lost the left trigger, those 4 tiny solder points dissolved when I removed the Viking wire, looked with a magnifier and it seems the board circuit is damaged, don't see a way to fix it, so it looks as though it is for the bin, sad, but it was worth the try. Will order one of the new ones when they become available.

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks for reporting your results. We are looking into buying the alps joystick mechanism with stiffer spring. They have a standard version and a "stiffer" version. I bought some of them and have them sitting here, but haven't had a chance to play with them yet. I'm not sure if guys would enjoy playing with stiffer sticks plus putting the FPS freaks on top of that?

bonefisher

Thanks for reporting your results. We are looking into buying the alps joystick mechanism with stiffer spring. They have a standard version and a "stiffer" version. I bought some of them and have them sitting here, but haven't had a chance to play with them yet. I'm not sure if guys would enjoy playing with stiffer sticks plus putting the FPS freaks on top of that?
You also can get the sticks at different heights so you don't have to run freaks. Forget were I seen them. I would automatically buy tall one for RS and med. for LS with stiffer springs!

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Just finished the second berserker, sadly it was a FAIL, not the part I expected though, stick worked perfectly, lost the left trigger, those 4 tiny solder points dissolved when I removed the Viking wire, looked with a magnifier and it seems the board circuit is damaged, don't see a way to fix it, so it looks as though it is for the bin, sad, but it was worth the try. Will order one of the new ones when they become available.
That's also due to anologe swap. Has nothing to do to anything that's soldered to the trigger via. I done more than one unsuccessfully stick swap and had the same issue losing LT also lost LS sprint click. Its not very friendly lol. I'd just swap the berserker components in a new or used in modded controller

JIM WALKER

That's also due to anologe swap. Has nothing to do to anything that's soldered to the trigger via. I done more than one unsuccessfully stick swap and had the same issue losing LT also lost LS sprint click. Its not very friendly lol. I'd just swap the berserker components in a new or used in modded controller

Couldn't be bothered with swapping everything over so have binned it, will order another berserker.

Freyja

Staff member
Congrats on the fix! Glad it wasn't too bad for the first one. It's like a puzzle in there!

JIM WALKER

Congrats on the fix! Glad it wasn't too bad for the first one. It's like a puzzle in there!

Thanks for the tip btw, hoping I can order through the UK guy, save a lot of time on the delivery, not sure yet though, hope odin can tell me.

bonefisher

Solder iron...well this is the end of my macro career lol.
You can ask Matt to fix it. Don't think he likes messing with the stick change out. Most likely you have to buy a new xbox one controller then he can put the mod chip into the new one. Ask him to see what he can do for you.