Famas rapid fire

iflawdya

I just got the ps3 programmable controller for Christmas. I noticed while playing Black Ops on split screen against someone who also is using the famas mine shoots slower. Its almost like a modified burst while the other person is a constant fire. Has anyone noticed this?

Thanks in advance.

NYjetsNY1

Are you using rapid-fire? Don't use rapid-fire with an auto gun if you want the fastest speed. Rapid-fire is best used with a semi-automatic gun.

iflawdya

Well that makes sense! lol Didn't think of that. I figured that if I put the rapid fire on I wouldn't have to switch it from gun to gun.
Thank you!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
When Rapidfire is enabled on an automatic weapon, most of the time the guns rate of fire is slowed down (unless you're using a speed which is the exact same or close to the gun's default rate of fire). Rapidfire on auto weapons allows for increased accuracy, decreased recoil, and you won't waste as much ammo since you're shots are more controlled.

odingalt

Staff member
If you are playing Black Ops, MW2, etc. he may have jitter?

Jitter was patched in MW3, but jitter was used for guns that are usually three-round burst (M16, Famas I Think)

NYjetsNY1

If you are playing Black Ops, MW2, etc. he may have jitter?

Jitter was patched in MW3, but jitter was used for guns that are usually three-round burst (M16, Famas I Think)

No no, in Black Ops, the Famas is not 3-rd burst. The OP is just using a slower rapid-fire on the famas - thus making it not as fast as the defaulted famas.

When Rapidfire is enabled on an automatic weapon, most of the time the guns rate of fire is slowed down (unless you're using a speed which is the exact same or close to the gun's default rate of fire). Rapidfire on auto weapons allows for increased accuracy, decreased recoil, and you won't waste as much ammo since you're shots are more controlled.

This. ^

iflawdya

Yep I turned rapid fire off and all back to normal. Thanks guys. Although I may turn it back on based on what xKiLLa CaM is saying.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
For certain automatic guns, it is helpful and useful. But at the same time it has its disadvantages because your enemies will be shooting faster than you are in most cases which means they land more bullets on you quicker. It's all about personal preference. If you're a good player and know how to maneuver well/get out of situations that seem impossible then it can be useful, otherwise I'd leave it off on auto guns. Me for example, I always have kids yelling at me because I move around all the time and am able to dodge shots well while unloading my clip into someone without missing too many shots. My K/D Ratio is almost a 2.0 for a reason. I'm at around a 1.8 something now, but last month or the month before that I was well above a 2.0

hgirona

Famas on rapid fire

For ps3 controller 10 mode setting for black ops is either 11.1 or 11.5 works wonderful. I will post more settings for all other guns later I do not have my list with me. I spend a lot of time doing this but I assure u guys they are on the money. Post later. ✌

iflawdya

For ps3 controller 10 mode setting for black ops is either 11.1 or 11.5 works wonderful. I will post more settings for all other guns later I do not have my list with me. I spend a lot of time doing this but I assure u guys they are on the money. Post later. ✌

Sweet! I cant wait!

DARKTRYST

I found using burst fire with the famas increases accuracy and reduces recoil very well, famas with rapid fire is not so good and I always get out shot, when using burst I have been getting better kill streaks because of better accuracy and less recoil.