Faster FAL speed???

JeremyC95

Has anyone found a faster mod speed for the FN Fal in Black Ops? Because the current one for black ops is relatively slow in my opinion. So do you know of a faster speed I can use?

odingalt

Staff member
The fastest I've found is 8.9 SPS (without using some sort of jitter mod which I don't personally like except with shotguns). A bit slow but better than pulling the trigger myself lol :). Check out the on-line macro library, there are some new macros set to 8.9 SPS.

JLIT

8.9 is the fastest I"ve found as well without it locking up or being a jitter variation of some sort

barrow

So how do you guys like the FAL with 8.9 SPS? The FAL with rapid fire was widely considered the best weapon in MW2. Is the FAL with 8.9 SPS the best Black Ops has to offer?

I haven't had a chance to play around with it myself, I haven't unlocked the FAL yet.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

barrow said:
So how do you guys like the FAL with 8.9 SPS? The FAL with rapid fire was widely considered the best weapon in MW2. Is the FAL with 8.9 SPS the best Black Ops has to offer?

I haven't had a chance to play around with it myself, I haven't unlocked the FAL yet.
the FAL was the ONLY semi-auto

odingalt

Staff member
I use the rapidfire for akimbo, the jitter for SPAS-12. I do use rapidfire for the FAL with suppressor but I only use that combination maybe 30% of the time... I've started using the full auto Enfield with rapidfire turned on to actually slow down the firing rate to conserve ammo.

So to answer your question in my opinion FAL with rapidfire is no longer the best gun in COD:BO. I think it was much more powerful in COD:MW2. But I may not be running the correct perks to get the most power out of it. When I do use it I prefer the suppressor version, I don't like to give off my position since I run out of ammo somewhat quickly with FAL and are reloading frequently. (don't want to fire, give off my position, run out of ammo, reload and get killed while reloading)