Firmware update

Remmnever

The new software should be out by the end of this week so you will probably need to update it once your controller arrives.

modded matt

regardless you should run the test program to verify all is good, then program your games files into the controller.

odingalt

Staff member
The test program isn't available for the macro controllers (like it was for ye old legacy controllers). We test these bad boys about 4x during assembly. If the customer has problems we've been johhy-on-the-spot with getting prepaid labels sent out so we can take care of the problem in the shop. Usually we can tell based on looking at the customer's .VKS file and the description of their problem whether it's a software or hardware issue :)

odingalt

Staff member
Oh to answer the question, when we do release the new software I also recommend manually installing the firmware update - the firmware update will need to be installed for some of the new features to work.

johnny8s

Let me make sure I have this straight because my new controller will be here this afternoon.
I should go ahead and update the controller first with the firmware update version 0.8.1.4b
Then I can transfer the block ops quick setup to the controller and start playing ?

odingalt

Staff member
johnny8s said:
Let me make sure I have this straight because my new controller will be here this afternoon.
I should go ahead and update the controller first with the firmware update version 0.8.1.4b
Then I can transfer the block ops quick setup to the controller and start playing ?

That sounds like a good plan to me.

(I see you have a trouble thread in another post, please try to keep all your questions in one thread so we don't chase you around trying to help you with your problem :D )