First use impressions from a new user

311sam

This is a great video I'm sure that if people saw these videos they would want to buy it. This is what convinced me to buy it, after the record feature i was like wow I must have it.

It was VERY hard finding you guys thought, the main thing I wanted was a record/playback controller but I spent like an hour on google going through different links ect to find one, even called several other companies with modded controller and asking if they had them but none did.

All you guys need is the publicity because this controller is definitely worth it. I've been telling a bunch of my friends about it and they're buying them too now because of all the features it has and the stuff I do, they see.

Edit: One thing I will add is that the software needs to be made more noob friendly, that's about it. I'm good with computers and having modding experience but others who aren't or are maybe <15 years old will have a very tough time. Especially since there is no phone support ect.

I think you guys should make more youtube tutorials, showing how to make a type of mod. For example if one of you guys decide to make a quick knife macro for black ops or any new macro for anything at all you. it would be very helpful if you guys instead record it while making it, put it as a tutorial for others to see.

I would love to see the actual creation of a macro from scratch to finish type of tutorial. Would be VERY helpful.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah they are relatively new I ought to add them to the downloads/support web page.

Wraith512

Hi everyone, I really loved wolf's post. Ummm where do I start. I found out about this website by a modding website I am apart called se7ensins (I think azzid made ya'll a sister site of sorts), I have been very interested in the controllers sold here as it's quite obvious they blow the competition out of the water as far as features. Just they were quite expensive, but anyways I am awaiting my halo macro this week and can't wait.
Ok now that that's outta the way, I got a couple of suggestions if you will.
1) As wolf and many other members have stated about the editing software it needs a couple of tweeks, would you "odin" be willing to put up a kick starter as I am sure many people would back ya'll, even if there really is just the 5% of us that care about this project I am sure we can make it worth the time.

2) Is there a way to increase the notoriety of this website? I am not exactly directing this suggestion to the moderators as it would have already been done, but it's more directed to other people who view these forums.

3) Quite off topic but what happened to freedrow and his shop?

modded matt

#1 Odin will have to answer to that.
#2 the site has a decent SEO, but this site is not like se7en sins or acidmods. it is a support forum for a specific product. There are plenty of other online comunities. The best way you could help would be by putting a product review on your site.
#3 Fred was hired by Microsoft and has not been seen since. I do custom installs and repairs as needed in his absence.

odingalt

Staff member
1.) Our project might be too expensive for kickstarter, they do well when donors only have to donate $99 or less but still get fully working product. For us this is not possible, $99 does not even cover the cost of materials to build and package the controller. Maybe we could try selling a premium version of Viking software based on the serial numbers in the controllers. Every macro has an internal serial number, we just don't use it for anything.

2.) Ask Google, they are constantly changing things and makign it difficult for us. We tried to SEO for VikingDigital.com and it got blacklisted from Google. For now, we are doing zero SEO and zero advertising because we cannot afford Google getting angry and blacklisting Viking360.com too. :-( Like Matt said, I need customers to link back to our website http://www.viking360.com from their websites or blogs. I have tried blogging, but no blogs accept "hacking" articles. Ezine articles, hub pages, squidoo - every time I spent hours and hours writing high quality blog posts, these sites ban my account because they think modding a controller is illegal. I've wasted probably 30 hours of my life blogging and ZERO of my posts are published (and it wouldn't have mattered anyway because the "top quality blog sites" only offer nofollow linking anyway). Honestly "SEO" is a big mystery to me. We'll just focus on customer service instead.

3.) Wondering if Fredrow had to cut ties with Viking due to his new job with Microsoft :) Or maybe he's just busy working on awesome fun projects at Microsoft and no time for hobby of modding controllers.

Wraith512

1.) Our project might be too expensive for kickstarter, they do well when donors only have to donate $99 or less but still get fully working product. For us this is not possible, $99 does not even cover the cost of materials to build and package the controller. Maybe we could try selling a premium version of Viking software based on the serial numbers in the controllers. Every macro has an internal serial number, we just don't use it for anything.

2.) Ask Google, they are constantly changing things and makign it difficult for us. We tried to SEO for VikingDigital.com and it got blacklisted from Google. For now, we are doing zero SEO and zero advertising because we cannot afford Google getting angry and blacklisting Viking360.com too. Like Matt said, I need customers to link back to our website http://www.viking360.com from their websites or blogs. I have tried blogging, but no blogs accept "hacking" articles. Ezine articles, hub pages, squidoo - every time I spent hours and hours writing high quality blog posts, these sites ban my account because they think modding a controller is illegal. I've wasted probably 30 hours of my life blogging and ZERO of my posts are published (and it wouldn't have mattered anyway because the "top quality blog sites" only offer nofollow linking anyway). Honestly "SEO" is a big mystery to me. We'll just focus on customer service instead.

3.) Wondering if Fredrow had to cut ties with Viking due to his new job with Microsoft Or maybe he's just busy working on awesome fun projects at Microsoft and no time for hobby of modding controllers.
Thanks for the reply :)
1) You say "Might"... So the possibility is there?? I ask this as I think it would be hard for these controllers to be replaced as you can probably use a usb to hook up to the next-gen consoles (this is just speculation though)

2) If the above can not be implemented, will the suggestions given by many other members be taken into consideration for the next-gen systems??

3) Sad about Fredrow as I really liked many of his controllers and I wanted some :-(

#1 Odin will have to answer to that.
#2 the site has a decent SEO, but this site is not like se7en sins or acidmods. it is a support forum for a specific product. There are plenty of other online comunities. The best way you could help would be by putting a product review on your site.
#3 Fred was hired by Microsoft and has not been seen since. I do custom installs and repairs as needed in his absence.
Sorry but what is "SEO"

JIM WALKER

Hi Wraith512...in answer to your question....Put simply SEO is a process where using certain techniques you are able to move your site above other sites on the natural, non-paid for listings across the major Search Engines.

modded matt

Search engine optimization.

The VB has alot of hooks built in and a simple robot file could help. Viking comes up in the top 10 on my seaches.

odingalt

Staff member
Search engine optimization.

The VB has alot of hooks built in and a simple robot file could help. Viking comes up in the top 10 on my seaches.

We are in the top 10 for a lot of keywords. The problem is the sheeples all click on the first link they see, which is usually evilcontrollers, gamingmodz, or controller chaos.

CovertClay

Controller chaos is SOO overpriced, evil controllers doesn't have auto aim (for zombies) and doesn't have a lot of mods (at least for ps3). And with gamingmodz you can't ajust the SPS as much. That's why I went with Viking

noonoo390

i dont know about the rest of u guys but i had my controller for about 3-4 years now and when i first got it i pretty much watched a few tutorials and knew how every thing worked all ready

odingalt

Staff member
i dont know about the rest of u guys but i had my controller for about 3-4 years now and when i first got it i pretty much watched a few tutorials and knew how every thing worked all ready

Amen brother :) We are doing something wrong with the way we arrange the videos and documentation and files. We literally get 2-3 tickets a day from people who can't find the downloads section.

Step 1.) Surf to viking360.com
Step 2.) CLICK ON DOWNLOADS

Rob0tHD

Amen brother We are doing something wrong with the way we arrange the videos and documentation and files. We literally get 2-3 tickets a day from people who can't find the downloads section.

Step 1.) Surf to viking360.com
Step 2.) CLICK ON DOWNLOADS

maybe those people have no idea how to surf a website? That makes me question if some of those people can read :p

Also; I know this is a little earlier in this post, but since you guys don't really get a chance to update vikingdigital, why don't you just make a redirect to viking360 so you only have to worry about one site? less confusion, easier updates, and a happier customer who didn't need to go search why the heck there was two websites for what seems to be the same company. :p

Just an idea for something in the future. :rolleyes:

~Rob0thd

odingalt

Staff member
maybe those people have no idea how to surf a website? That makes me question if some of those people can read :p

Also; I know this is a little earlier in this post, but since you guys don't really get a chance to update vikingdigital, why don't you just make a redirect to viking360 so you only have to worry about one site? less confusion, easier updates, and a happier customer who didn't need to go search why the heck there was two websites for what seems to be the same company. :p

Just an idea for something in the future. :rolleyes:

~Rob0thd

VikingDigital still gets a tiny bit o' traffic and I'm holding out hope we can get it unbanned someday.

BraveTitan

As a marketing student I understand whole heartily the importance of SEO and Social Media Presence especially in the Internet that we all live in and with today. I would love to be able to help out as much as I could and share anything I can. I still to this day feel that the VikingDigital site looks so much cleaner and more professional then the current V360 design. What V360 uses now of course isn't bad by any means but if you look at site like EvilControllers (WHICH YOU SHOULD NEVER BUY FROM AS A FAITHFUL V360 OWNER!) everything stands out, flows well, and brings you in. I don't want to go into the ins and outs of marketing and what they are doing visually because I'm sure I can talk about this somewhere else, but without an impactful site a company or business can have the greatest product in the world but if it doesn't get across to the consumer nothing will ever grow. As I said I'm sure I can go into huge detail about stuff that we could/should/need to be doing to grow.

odingalt

Staff member
Thanks Brave I did the VikingDigital.com layout based on a template and I really liked the results! It's "cleaner" so to speak, in that it's easier on the eyes than the white background of the Viking360 site.

BraveTitan

Thanks Brave I did the VikingDigital.com layout based on a template and I really liked the results! It's "cleaner" so to speak, in that it's easier on the eyes than the white background of the Viking360 site.

It is for sure much easier on the eyes than the current site and thats huge. I don't know if it is possible but if the design for V360 ever gets overhauled it would be the perfect time to start drumming up any kind of hype on Facebook, Youtube, or Twitter just to gain some more traction in the modded controller market. As the original topic was about the software itself I feel that all you need Odin is more capital to make all of the improvements needed to make the software the ultimate piece of equipment for controller owners. The task doesn't have to fall solely to you however because as I've found there is indeed the referrals section for account owners. Every V360 owner and their mother should be spreading the word as much as possible to drive more traffic to the site. That's just basic networking for any business, but it's only half the battle. If a site is poorly designed or displays the product poorly all extra traffic is essentially useless. Maybe I'm just rambling but being able to do my part to grow V360 into what I know it should be gets me going.