Frustration...and then some

I'm just reaching out to people to see if anyone has had the same experience. I got my macro on 7/15/11 and have been playing different macros to see how they work. I openly admit that I suck when it comes to FPS, but I love them anyway. I'm currently running with rapid fire on my RT, turbo knife on RS and drop shot on tactile 4. Over the last week I've been getting my *** handed to me. I can't seem to kill anyone using any of the weapons that the modded controller helps with. Today, I'm playing Hanger 18 and I'm using the G-11 with the above load out. I shoot a guy twice (six shots on rapid fire) and get two hit markers while he's shooting at me. He fires four rounds and I die. Is this just a problem with the Treyarch engine, me or the controller? I enjoy using the controller and even though I'm getting my *** handed to me, I refuse to go back to my other controller. I shall conquer, just a little ****ed off.

Remmnever

It might take a little while before you get used to the different speeds and buttons. You can also adjust the speeds according to your playstyle. I havent played black ops in a few months but i believe the G11 is a 3 shot burst weapon so you would use a jitter macro instead of the normal rapid fire. I personally was never good with jitter macros because they are more of a spray and pray playstyle and i am more of a precise shooter so it just didnt work.Just keep using it and try different guns/macros until you find the perfect match. Good luck.

Fredrow

I'm just reaching out to people to see if anyone has had the same experience. I got my macro on 7/15/11 and have been playing different macros to see how they work. I openly admit that I suck when it comes to FPS, but I love them anyway. I'm currently running with rapid fire on my RT, turbo knife on RS and drop shot on tactile 4. Over the last week I've been getting my *** handed to me. I can't seem to kill anyone using any of the weapons that the modded controller helps with. Today, I'm playing Hanger 18 and I'm using the G-11 with the above load out. I shoot a guy twice (six shots on rapid fire) and get two hit markers while he's shooting at me. He fires four rounds and I die. Is this just a problem with the Treyarch engine, me or the controller? I enjoy using the controller and even though I'm getting my *** handed to me, I refuse to go back to my other controller. I shall conquer, just a little ****ed off.

Have you thought about playing some hard-core? I personally hate playing regular-core because of what you just explained.... Also, have you tried the M16 with a silencer and Acog as your primary weapon? This is the setup I use 90% of the dating back to COD4, the great thing about the M16 is the super reduced recoil compared to all the other primary weapons...

Some other things to take into consideration about your horrible game play:
*Internet connection; this could be caused by numerous different variables like other people in your house using the internet, a bad lobby host, etc....
*Controller's battery life; It has been proven that a weak battery can through off the precise timing of the controller. I always play with the PnC cable plugged into the controller so that the controller has a constant stable power source, but if you are one of those people who just cannot play with the PnC cable plugged into his/her controller then I suggest always paying attention to your battery life and make sure to keep fresh batteries in it so that your controller can keep up its great performance.

I like using a 5 SPS rapidfire macro for my M16 and G11.... these still give you the accuracy that you are looking for, but not the jitter "spray and pray"

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I get stuff liek that all the time, mods or no mods... I have poor internet. I bet your internet isn't working nicely or something. I've seriously had where I empy an entire clip into someone and get hit marker, then they kill me. On MW2, I emptied a extended mag AA-12 from like 3 feet and died. That gun does 200 damage out of a required 100 per shot, assuming you're pretty much right next to them like I was.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
i had the same issue so i tried a different controller same thing so then i looked at my setting and sure enough the aim assist was off then i turned it on and kicked *** with jitter and rapid fire haha

Thanks for all the encouragement and suggestions. Fredrow, I have several battery packs that are always charged and I insert a new one at the beginning of my sessions. I checked out my signal strength and sure enough, only three bars most of the gaming time. Guess it's time to upgrade to the premium internet. I also did a load out with the M-16 and had a 18-4 in TDM on Array. Thanks for the tips.

NYjetsNY1

Thanks for all the encouragement and suggestions. Fredrow, I have several battery packs that are always charged and I insert a new one at the beginning of my sessions. I checked out my signal strength and sure enough, only three bars most of the gaming time. Guess it's time to upgrade to the premium internet. I also did a load out with the M-16 and had a 18-4 in TDM on Array. Thanks for the tips.

On black ops, I've noticed 3 bars is significantly worse than 4. You lag a lot more and people with 4 bars seem to kill you easier.

When you are host on black ops, everyone else has slight lag but you. Whenever I'm host I usually have a 4.0-7.0 K/D lol. But when I'm not, its more like 2.0-3.0.

So try getting that better connection. It may help.I pesonally use a fast rapid-fire up close (8.9 SPS) on the FAL. When someone is far away, I use a 4.9 SPS tac switch rapid-fire that is super accurate. When someone is very close I just turbo knife.

If you would like the 4.9 SPS tac switch rapid-fire, I can upload it for you.

On black ops, I've noticed 3 bars is significantly worse than 4. You lag a lot more and people with 4 bars seem to kill you easier.

When you are host on black ops, everyone else has slight lag but you. Whenever I'm host I usually have a 4.0-7.0 K/D lol. But when I'm not, its more like 2.0-3.0.

So try getting that better connection. It may help.I pesonally use a fast rapid-fire up close (8.9 SPS) on the FAL. When someone is far away, I use a 4.9 SPS tac switch rapid-fire that is super accurate. When someone is very close I just turbo knife.

If you would like the 4.9 SPS tac switch rapid-fire, I can upload it for you.

You are a mind reader. I enjoy using the FAL, but just seem to get killed with it so easy. I'm trying to figure out the whole macro page and set thing. I have been down loading single macros onto different buttons and switches and trying to customize a single weapon. Is there a way to have one set for the M-16, FAL and M-14? Would I set each weapon up and then use a tac switch for a page button to move between the three weapons? If you don't mind NYjetsNY1, I'd appreciate your load out for the FAL. Have my wife looking into upgrading the internet connection (LOL).

Voodoo

Sounds like your problem is lag related. I'd had similar issues now and then and it usually boils down to a bad connection between you and that guy.

For example, how many times have you died after running around a corner where you should have been in cover and safe? Lag, lag, lag. Watch the killcam/theatre and it becomes obvious, what happened and what the camera shows is often night and day different.

I finally uploaded my macro load out, it's really overly simple and under utilizes the controllers potential, but I like it. Maybe you should give it a look.

Sgt Jax Mehoff

Useful Poster
Sounds like your problem is lag related. I'd had similar issues now and then and it usually boils down to a bad connection between you and that guy.

For example, how many times have you died after running around a corner where you should have been in cover and safe? Lag, lag, lag. Watch the killcam/theatre and it becomes obvious, what happened and what the camera shows is often night and day different.

I finally uploaded my macro load out, it's really overly simple and under utilizes the controllers potential, but I like it. Maybe you should give it a look.
that happens to me all the time... i will be getting shot at run around a corner barely alive and a second later i will get a random bullet, i hate my ****py connection :(

NYjetsNY1

FAL loadout. Change the fast reload if you want to be good for M16/ M14 etc.

Attachments

• FAL loadout.vks
    46.7 KB · Views: 4

odingalt

Staff member
i had the same issue so i tried a different controller same thing so then i looked at my setting and sure enough the aim assist was off then i turned it on and kicked *** with jitter and rapid fire haha

I tried without aim assist and it's practically impossible to kill anyone without it. The last three COD games (maybe more) rely heavily on this aim-assist (not so much in the early PC versions however). I think it's a shame that you're forced to play with this turned on. This is how to use the aim assist: wait until your cursor "jerks" itself toward the enemy. DON'T TRY TO AIM. Just shoot as quickly as possible in that small time frame when the cursor is jerking by itself on the enemy. This is the aim assist. If you fire before or after this jerky motion, you'll never kill the guy. It's as if the software has to have the aim-assist functioning for the hits to register.

Also make sure your console is plugged directly into a hard-wired ethernet connection. I used to play using my console's built-in wifi (that's the new-gen XBOX360 console) and it just wasn't as good as a hard-wired connection. Sooner or later, no matter how expensive your wireless router is, you will drop packets. Especially if you live in any city or suburban area where every Tom, **** and Harry has a wifi router in his house. That's a whole airspace chock full of 2.4GHz signals bouncing off each other. (I don't care if you are on another channel, again, there's 10 neighbors on that channel, along with theirs 2.4 GHz security system, their 2.4 GHz garage door openers, telephones, and everything else on the planet that operates in the unlicensed 2.4 GHz range).

Also make sure in your XBOX 360's network settings your NAT type is OPEN. If this isn't the case, you're going to suffer from a bad connection.

Also, you might try changing your game's search preferences to be sure it finds the BEST connection possible! Otherwise, in my case where I live near Seattle, I get match-maked with ***anese hosts all the time!!!

I have a page per weapons as well. my first slot is named Red - M16 next Blue - M14 etc.... that way I can set up a different macro set for each weapon with the speed loads for each

HippieMagic

This is ultimately a flaw with the peer 2 peer networking method. A controller just won't fix this. This is why people complain about not having dedicated servers on the PC and why even a 3-4 bar connection sucks on the console. It just doesn't mean much because it is basically telling you what your connection is to the host and not to the other players. A 4 bar will help but ultimately it is still far from perfect.

If you take the dedicated server method for instance you could have a 50ms connection which would be well within the 4 bar range on the console. Now lets say the other players in the room joined for the same reason... they have a great connection to this server. That means everyone in the room is running well within the 4 bar range. These servers are running on a very high end connection that just don't bog down nearly as much.

Now if you take the P2P method everyone in the room is likely using cable and DSL. You don't have any real choice as to who you connect to so it could easily put you in a room with people anywhere from a 2-4 bar connection. The host will always have the best because he is basically acting as the server which brings his connection into play and, unlike the dedicated server, he is a player as well. This gives him a huge advantage because it is HIS console telling YOU where HE is... That means there is literally no real lag in his case... You are where his console believes you to be while he is where he really is which will always mean you will not get as many hit markers on him. This also makes everyone else's connection worse because of just how random it has to be.

This will continue to be an issue until a company decides to add server browsers to their games on consoles. A home internet connection just isn't designed to be a host. The only reason P2P even exists in gaming is because it's literally dirt cheap to implement.

odingalt

Staff member
This is ultimately a flaw with the peer 2 peer networking method. A controller just won't fix this. This is why people complain about not having dedicated servers on the PC and why even a 3-4 bar connection sucks on the console. It just doesn't mean much because it is basically telling you what your connection is to the host and not to the other players. A 4 bar will help but ultimately it is still far from perfect.

If you take the dedicated server method for instance you could have a 50ms connection which would be well within the 4 bar range on the console. Now lets say the other players in the room joined for the same reason... they have a great connection to this server. That means everyone in the room is running well within the 4 bar range. These servers are running on a very high end connection that just don't bog down nearly as much.

Now if you take the P2P method everyone in the room is likely using cable and DSL. You don't have any real choice as to who you connect to so it could easily put you in a room with people anywhere from a 2-4 bar connection. The host will always have the best because he is basically acting as the server which brings his connection into play and, unlike the dedicated server, he is a player as well. This gives him a huge advantage because it is HIS console telling YOU where HE is... That means there is literally no real lag in his case... You are where his console believes you to be while he is where he really is which will always mean you will not get as many hit markers on him. This also makes everyone else's connection worse because of just how random it has to be.

This will continue to be an issue until a company decides to add server browsers to their games on consoles. A home internet connection just isn't designed to be a host. The only reason P2P even exists in gaming is because it's literally dirt cheap to implement.

Well-written post. I'm baffled as to why Microsoft charges $59 per year for gold service, just to make you host your own games with p2p networking? WHY AM I PAYING TO HOST GAMES ON MY OWN CONSOLE ON MY OWN INTERNET CONNECTION? On PC, we could all pool our $59/year and rent one **** of an amazing game server!!!

HippieMagic

The ONLY thing I can possibly think of is that it would require the developers to code the 360, pc, and ps3 versions all in a way that prevents them from connecting to the same room. It wouldn't be that hard to implement a server browser in a game because it is obvious that the community will gladly pay the server costs. If you don't want them to just farm one map then don't allow specific game options. In the grand scheme of things that customization doesn't matter nearly as much as the ability to just play the game on a good connection. It would sell a ton more copies because it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating as it is now.

There would be an obvious issue allowing all 3 platforms to play together... That much is clear. The PC players would stomp on console gamers due to the superior precision of the controls and all three platforms could play together which would lower sales by making it possible to just play on your platform of choice which, in many cases, would just be a PC for the people who could do it because of the fact that the mouse will ALWAYS be a better aiming device. This would require servers to only host on a platform of their choice since it would be impossible for all 3 to work together. This would clearly cost a couple thousand in development costs which is just too much when you are looking at a multi-million dollar budget... I mean who can afford that when you are only given 10s of millions of dollars to rehash a game? That is just silly talk.

Console limitations make no sense to me because they could easily be so much more than they are. Yes, it is essentially a $500 gaming PC so you can't expect much but if you were to use dedicated servers to remove that extra burden, allow them to connect to the best possible one, and force those servers to follow strict guidelines you could have so much better gameplay.

Of course I am probably just insane because I also sit and wonder why, instead of paying for a new CoD title every year, they don't just develop one that allows for expansion and release mission packs, map packs, updates, and then charge like $2 a piece for new guns, perks, killstreaks, and clothing options... You could easily make more money that way than to blow millions on another rehashed title every year to hope to make that back and have enough profit to do it again next year.

ILBIEAST

If you are lagging a bunch try using an m16 silenced so if you miss shots no one will no where you are as easy. Ghost pro helps out too . Or a Famas silenced or Galil since it has a big clip and decent damage. M16 is the best gun if you want to sling bullets down range in black ops. Fal is strong but recoils everywhere with rapid fire (why I have been into burst modes lately since they help with accuracy). Black ops is a horrible call of duty so if worse comes to worse hop on one of the old call of dutys for a break. Less lag and people actually run and gun instead of ghost pro corner camping. Hardcore search is fun once you get good at it and if you play with a full party of six friends. Sometimes hardcore sucks because bad kids spray you down with ak74us.