Gaming Headset Help!

I'm looking into buying a gaming head set and wanted get some suggestions or opinions on brands because I really have no clue to what brands are good, i've heard of turtle beach but that's all! Something not too too expensive and preferably wireless! Thanks!

AegisFang

There are quite a few out there and Turtle Beach Earforce PX5 looks like it might be really good. Plan on checking it out for myself. Only downside is that it is a little pricey 249.95 plus xba Bluetooth adapter for the 360 (which it says is coming soon) is 29.95. Software supposedly doent work with the Macs. Lots of other cool features. Sounds like this will be a great product if you have the money to spend. Are they worth the money? Only if you have the money to spend. All my gamer friends ask me the same of the macro controller. (Which to me is way worth the money) If youre like me and have plenty of disposable income (HAHA) I wish then this might be the way to go! I know you said not too too expensive but you might want to wait a bit and save some cash and get one that could make your gaming experience even better.

Krier023

Useful Poster
here are just a couple to think of

Astro A40s full set
Many people also use a pair of seinheiser pc headsets with the astro mixamp

Tritton Axpros
Tritton Ax720s

Turtle beach Px5s
Turtle beach x41s

Logitech f540

Those are about all I know of, but look into them.

obo

The PX5's are currently the best on the market and while I don't have them, I do have a pair of x41's which I love. Turtle Beach makes very high quality headsets, and they are all wireless as well. (minus the chat cable, as ALL third party headsets have to have this in order to chat)

NYjetsNY1

obo said:
The PX5's are currently the best on the market and while I don't have them, I do have a pair of x41's which I love. Turtle Beach makes very high quality headsets, and they are all wireless as well. (minus the chat cable, as ALL third party headsets have to have this in order to chat)

Yep! 100% stand by this; you may hear otherwise hear something different from NEpatsNE1... but this is the truth.

PX5 FTW!

Remmnever

I have the turtle beach x41 and they are great as others have said. I owned a pair of astro a40 and they sounded better than the turtle beach but they are no wireless so all the wires are really a pain.

I actually just bought the astro a30 setup with mix amp but it hasnt arrived yet. I bought it so i could use it with my computer, mp3 player, and console. Ill be selling my turtle beach x41s once it arrives. Send me a Pm if you are interested.

WetterThanWater

I would have to say either Astro A40/A30's with the wireless mixamp, or get the Turtle Beach PX5's.

I plan on getting the PX5's once I scrape up enough income to get them, which should be very soon.
I've used both, and I can say, that the sound quality is VERY good. The PX5's are better though, as you can program them. Only thing that the Astros have on the PX5s are the mixamp, and the better quality microphone (But both are detachable.)

obo said:
(minus the chat cable, as ALL third party headsets have to have this in order to chat)

I know that is supposed to be the case.. but I have a third party wireless headset, no clue how it is, if you'd like Ill make a video of it.

Remmnever said:
they are no wireless so all the wires are really a pain.

Now theres a wireless mixamp, so they are just as wireless as the Turtle beaches, at least until they release the XBA chat thingy

Remmnever

Yeah thats true. When i had the a40 the wireless mixamp wasnt available yet. I might look into getting one for my a30s.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

obo said:
if you dont have the headset than how can you say its the best....

obo

NEpatsNE1 said:
obo said:
if you dont have the headset than how can you say its the best....

Because of all the features offered on it. Unless Turtle Beach somehow downgraded the sound quality from the X41's, which isn't the case, the PX5's have no real competition.

Read up on them, they're essentially the Viking Macro controllers of headsets. They work on every console, they can bluetooth to your mp3 devices, they have downloadable drivers as well which allow you to choose which sounds you want to hear above all others.

Unless any other third party headsets have sound driver customization, I doubt they're better than the PX5's. Plus the PX5's have a voice modifier, so you can mess with people over Xbox live chat :p

Of course, this is always a possibility, and I would be glad to check out any other headsets you want to bring to the discussion.

LoveKillzSlowly

http://gear.ign.com/articles/117/1172158p1.html
These will destroy the competition when they are released, can't wait to get my hands on them. Tritton improves their products with every release, from AX360s to AXPROS to these! I own all their previous headsets. I'm so diggin' that these are actually completely wireless, not like other turtle beach products that claim they are wireless but still have to plug the mic from the headset to the controller. There are 3 different models, (Detonator, Devastator, Warhead 7.1) but the Warhead 7.1 model are definitely the ones I am going to get. Allows users to seamlessly swap between two included battery packs for uninterrupted gameplay, play with one battery pack while the other one is charging simultaneously. All three headsets feature active voice monitoring, so you'll never find yourself shouting unnecessarily. Check out the video for more info.

Krier023

Useful Poster
LoveKillzSlowly said:
These will destroy the competition when they are released, can't wait to get my hands on them. Tritton improves their products with every release, from AX360s to AXPROS to these! I own all their previous headsets. I'm so diggin' that these are actually completely wireless, not like other turtle beach products that claim they are wireless but still have to plug the mic from the headset to the controller. There are 3 different models, (Detonator, Devastator, Warhead 7.1) but the Warhead 7.1 model are definitely the ones I am going to get. Allows users to seamlessly swap between two included battery packs for uninterrupted gameplay, play with one battery pack while the other one is charging simultaneously. All three headsets feature active voice monitoring, so you'll never find yourself shouting unnecessarily. Check out the video for more info.
OMG I am saving up for those. They look so nice. I am amazed.

WetterThanWater

LoveKillzSlowly said:

Thanks for sharing this, Im probably going to get this! I still would get the PX5's because of the programming, but I personally think Tritton sounds better than Turtle beach. And their microphones are better. (Im digging the totally wireless part!)

Xx Binno xX

Honestly i bought the turtle beach X41's and i didnt like them at all. So i bought surround sound which blew the turtle beach's away lmfao. i loved my surround sound. i returned it because well idk why i wish i hadn't returned it tho i might get it back after i get the macro controller.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Does anyone know if those new trittons wold work with PS3 at all? The AX pro's worked on both, which made them pretty sweet... I might pick some of them up when these come out and they get cheap.

WetterThanWater

Just because it was worked on by microsoft as well, I doubt it would work on PS3, unless they implemented a bluetooth adapter or something :| .

LoveKillzSlowly

Why wouldn't it work with the PS3? You still have to use optical digital cable on the 360. I am 100% sure this will work with the PS3 when it comes to audio. Can't say too much about the microphone compatibility but the AXPROS did come with a USB cable specifically for the PS3 for mic support. I am sure the PS3 will be able to pick it up though since it picks up a lot of devices not even specifically made for the PS3 through USB. Just have to scroll to the "Settings" menu on the PS3 menu. Select "Accessory Settings." Select "Audio Device Settings." Select "USB Headset" to enable voice to be sent to and from the USB headset. You don't need bluetooth at all to communicate on the PS3, USB works too.