Got this in the mail

40_ounce

Hey whats up, I just got this in the mail a couple days ago from fredrow. Its a Thor's. Sorry about the bad pics I used my iphone. :?
5w03no.jpg

35inm7b.jpg

Itz CHARLEY

Check out my duo. It was originally a plain white sleeper and I made it into a duo with a mixed shell orange leds(they look red in the picture but they are alto more orange in person), and got the PS3 thumbsticks.
05222010259.jpg

Krier023

Useful Poster
I dont know why but for some reason i love the black on white. but you should paint the dpad white. that would look nice

Itz CHARLEY

Krier023 said:
I dont know why but for some reason i love the black on white. but you should paint the dpad white. that would look nice
That would be really cool. I would paint it but I dont actually have any paint and right now I have a problem. I accedently tore the pads off of the 2nd and 3rd player leds so I feel a little fucked BUT I have an idea. I need to find a led that can be put on the outside of the controller so that it essentially replaces the 2nd and 3rd player leds. I have a couple lying aroun, but they dont use the same voltage so I have to find the right ones.
EDIT OK literally seconds later I found a match. now I just need a good place to put it. how about between the right thumbstick and the dpad?I'm just thinking out lout here so if anyone has a good place, let me know.

Itz CHARLEY

yeah the new sticks are great. They dont take long to get used to(a couple games of search for me) but they are much better than the regular ones. also I got mine from llama and they are hard plastic, but have a rubber grip on top and I lovve the feel.

Krier023

Useful Poster
wow that sucks about the leds. i did that on my first try changing leds, and i realized you need your soldering iron real hot and alternate slowly on all 4 sides of the led

Itz CHARLEY

Krier023 said:
wow that sucks about the leds. i did that on my first try changing leds, and i realized you need your soldering iron real hot and alternate slowly on all 4 sides of the led
Yeah I learned that the hard way to. luckly I gott the most important leds on. thats why I started with the 2nd and 3rd player ones.

Krier023

Useful Poster
haha its all good. did you install your viking chip yourself? Im looking to install one soon, i just wasnt comfortable enough when i first wanted a viking

Itz CHARLEY

No not originally, but I ended up soldering more than half of it back together. I got a little violent with a drill and it happened when I had the board out of the back shell with one of my tact switches already glued and soldered in. so I put the drill bit down where I want it pull the trigger and the shell spins out of control, the tact switch wires snap and most of the solders break off of the chipp and traces. FML :cry:

geestthebeast

I just finished transforming my sleeper into a duo, and then putting on a new controller shell and l.e.d's, i will post pics soon, it looks amazing. i only had one problem and thats that i accidently conected the right tac switch to the r thumbstick, i will fix that tomorrow though.