GoW 3 beta

WetterThanWater

I liked gears 2, but gears 3 is a huge improvement from the last one. Everything is much more fun! And the weapons are all really good, except the sawed off shotgun, its pure destruction in CQC but its range is garbage.

Also, the retro lancer has quite a bit of recoil, but I think a burst fire would be fairly good with it.

smallx

maybe some sort of slow rapid fire would be good for the retro lancer. and I would definitely like rapidfire/anti-recoil for hammerburst and perfect active reloads for all the guns

WetterThanWater

I personally think that a burst fire would be better than a slow rapidfire, but thats just my thoughts, both could probably do well.

Also in GoW1/2 there was two piecing, (Melee, and while they can't do anything, instant shotgun) if its still in the game, a macro for that would be in order, as well as, in GoW2 if you shot your shotgun and then barrel rolled instantly right after, it would result in an instant gib (Exploding body parts :cool: ) so that would be very useful as well.

Prodigy

WetterThanWater said:
I personally think that a burst fire would be better than a slow rapidfire, but thats just my thoughts, both could probably do well.

Also in GoW1/2 there was two piecing, (Melee, and while they can't do anything, instant shotgun) if its still in the game, a macro for that would be in order, as well as, in GoW2 if you shot your shotgun and then barrel rolled instantly right after, it would result in an instant gib (Exploding body parts :cool: ) so that would be very useful as well.

The rapidfire for the hammerburst I haven't really played with but a rapidfire mod for the Retro Lancer I've been told from a buddy that he uses a 2 SPS mod that works well for him, so I'm going to try to find one for that around that speed.

"Two piecing" needs the timing tweak I tried it last night, and it looks like the shot needs to be delayed as it looks like they did a nice job to keep it from a instant shotgun right after the melee.

The "gib shot" that's posted in a topic a few down will work on gears 3 beta.

WetterThanWater

Alright, so I was playing the beta and a Rapid Fire A button would be helpful on a tac. (I know Odin made one somewhere) But in the GoW3 Macro set a rapidfire A button would be helpful when you're downed and you're trying to get away/revive yourself. (and a Chainsaw battle macro would be helpful, I don't remember seeing one.)

NYjetsNY1

WetterThanWater said:
Alright, so I was playing the beta and a Rapid Fire A button would be helpful on a tac. (I know Odin made one somewhere) But in the GoW3 Macro set a rapidfire A button would be helpful when you're downed and you're trying to get away/revive yourself. (and a Chainsaw battle macro would be helpful, I don't remember seeing one.)

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3118#p25407

fathersin

Heres my vks I use I like using the hammerburst with sawed off shotgun combo long range short range.

Attachments

• gears3beta.vks
    54.7 KB · Views: 17

WetterThanWater

Oh, also a macro for boosting, you just shoot one bullet from a lancer or some other weapon, get an active reload, and repeat. For reloading challenges of course.

fathersin

its in the set...set too left trigger (aim button) its only problem is if your on wall it will auto duck you while your aiming at a target not too much of a problem though it has killed me once but saved me once also.

oDEEKo

fathersin said:
Anyone got a active reload settup for sawed off shotgun? If not I'll try and make one.

Here's one I made and use.. You need to assign it to a tac switch and press it to fire the sawn off (instead of firing using RT then pressing tac to reload), it'll then perform the active reload too.

If it works well for others let me know and I'll up it to the library :D

Attachments

• Sawn off Shot then Reload TAC.vkm
    544 bytes · Views: 8

fathersin

lol I just made one myself my timing is a little longer then yours and I attach mine to right bumper, just use right bumper to shoot like old sniper/boom reload but, I'm sure you can use tac also looks like ours are identical just slight diffrence in timing. I'll test yours out see if timing works on mine.

Attachments

• Perfect Reload - Sawed off Shotgun.vkm
    544 bytes · Views: 9