GoW 3 beta

oDEEKo

Just a thought, maybe a mod should move this thread or link it in the 'But what about this game?' section, just in case there's any confusion for people looking for GoW3 discussion ;)

Thanks for the feedback on the sawn off macro, I've submitted it to the library now :)

Here's a simple rapid fire I made for hammerburst, just downloaded your anti recoil rf one which I'll try out at some point and report back, I'll have to edit it first though cos I use inverted y axis :)
[attachment=3:2qoxtozl]Hammerburst Rapidfire - Right Trigger.vkm[/attachment:2qoxtozl]

I played around with a Retro lancer anti recoil macro too, seems to work well for me on +15 sensitivity and inverted y axis, but I straight suck with that gun so have pretty much given up on it :mrgreen:
[attachment=2:2qoxtozl]Retro Lancer Anti Recoil s15 INV.vkm[/attachment:2qoxtozl]

Also an anti recoil 3 round burst macro I was working on, again sensitivity 15 inverted y axis. This was going well but I think I'll wait till the game release before playing with it anymore, as there's not long left in the beta and it's a pain in the a** to keep dropping into games to test then backing out again. Will be much easier with online private matches :D
[attachment=1:2qoxtozl]Retro Lancer 3 Rd Burst AntiR INV S15.vkm[/attachment:2qoxtozl]

Finally an alternative Autospot macro I made, which seems to 'spot' more frequently while zoomed in for me.
[attachment=0:2qoxtozl]Alternative Autospot on LT.vkm[/attachment:2qoxtozl]

Big thanks to Prodigy for original macro and the active reloads which are great :)

As for Boltok, I hardly ever get it either. Again I think I'll wait till full release to be able to perfect it with online private matches ;)

Attachments

• Hammerburst Rapidfire - Right Trigger.vkm
    528 bytes · Views: 16
  • Retro Lancer Anti Recoil s15 INV.vkm
    544 bytes · Views: 10
  • Retro Lancer 3 Rd Burst AntiR INV S15.vkm
    656 bytes · Views: 10
  • Alternative Autospot on LT.vkm
    528 bytes · Views: 7

WetterThanWater

I just made a macro to sit afk though matches, it just moves around in a small circle for people who don't want to play, but to get matches played so they can get Thrashball cole and stuff. Here it is :D enjoy,

Assign it to a tac switch, and it will never stop until you hit the switch again.

Use a PnC cable so your controller doesn't die out on you.

Attachments

• GearsOfWar3BETAMatchBoostingTAC.vkm
    928 bytes · Views: 6

fathersin

omg I ran into someone using this feel sorry for there team please don't use this on ranked it will defintly bring attention towards macro controllers.

oDEEKo

While playing to unlock the gold retro lancer in the retail release :mrgreen: I did a bit more work on the retro burst/ anti recoil macro... Attached is version 2. This has pretty much zero recoil for me, but I can't decide if it interferes with the y axis movement too much when targeting :?: It's my current favourite retro macro though :cool:

As before it's for +15 sensitivity with inverted y axis.

[attachment=0:19qp6i9h]Retro Lancer 3 Rd Burst AntiR INV S15 V2.vkm[/attachment:19qp6i9h]

Attachments

• Retro Lancer 3 Rd Burst AntiR INV S15 V2.vkm
    624 bytes · Views: 10

Ben

oDEEKo said:
Just a thought, maybe a mod should move this thread or link it in the 'But what about this game?' section, just in case there's any confusion for people looking for GoW3 discussion ;)

Just made a new forum board thing for it :)

WetterThanWater

oDEEKo said:
While playing to unlock the gold retro lancer in the retail release :mrgreen: I did a bit more work on the retro burst/ anti recoil macro... Attached is version 2. This has pretty much zero recoil for me, but I can't decide if it interferes with the y axis movement too much when targeting :?: It's my current favourite retro macro though :cool:

[attachment=0:2nqcpin9]Retro Lancer 3 Rd Burst AntiR INV S15 V2.vkm[/attachment:2nqcpin9]

I play on 15 sensitivity, in general camera movement, target movement, and zooming movement, and I've tried it with a few other sensitivities, and for me it just moves down too much, so I changed it around a little bit, (I don't play inverted so I just changed it to the exact other way.) And I made it go about halfway in the analog stick thingy, not fullway and it still went a bit too much, I'm still just tweaking it slowly it just doesn't seem to want to work.

NYjetsNY1

WetterThanWater said:
oDEEKo said:

[attachment=0:3c1hjhe0]Retro Lancer 3 Rd Burst AntiR INV S15 V2.vkm[/attachment:3c1hjhe0]

I play on 15 sensitivity, in general camera movement, target movement, and zooming movement, and I've tried it with a few other sensitivities, and for me it just moves down too much, so I changed it around a little bit, (I don't play inverted so I just changed it to the exact other way.) And I made it go about halfway in the analog stick thingy, not fullway and it still went a bit too much, I'm still just tweaking it slowly it just doesn't seem to want to work.

Changing from inverted to regular isn't the same. It is different. For example, you may have to go fully down on the y-axis to equal only halfway up on y-axis. You'll have to keep tweaking it. Again, even 50% pulled down on the analog is completely different than 50% pulled up on the analog. It just is different. I'm no techie by any means but microsoft really messed up when they made their analog to digital conversion (I believe I'm saying that correctly).

WetterThanWater

Oh, I see, I guess I'll just make a bunch of different analog stick sensitivity pulls (Or whatever you call it in the timeline editor) And put them all on different pages and see which one works best.

oDEEKo

WetterThanWater said:

Yeah, I was surprised by 'the amount of stick' ;) I was having to dial in to achieve the AR and also that very small changes in the y position from y maximum seemed to have disproportionate effect. So I ended up setting 'y max' on all the pulses and then varying the 'pulse' length instead, this also made life easier when altering the macro cos I didn't have to keep clicking and dragging the stick position ( macro software is on my laptop and I'm not too dexterous with the touchpad :mrgreen: )

This makes more sense now with that bit of info from NYjets.

NYjetsNY1 said:
Changing from inverted to regular isn't the same. It is different. For example, you may have to go fully down on the y-axis to equal only halfway up on y-axis. You'll have to keep tweaking it. Again, even 50% pulled down on the analog is completely different than 50% pulled up on the analog. It just is different. I'm no techie by any means but microsoft really messed up when they made their analog to digital conversion (I believe I'm saying that correctly).

At this risk of getting this thread locked :lol: suggestion for the future might be to add that info to the Viking FAQ or even making a DIY Anti Recoil FAQ? As it seems, due to the nature of the m$ controller and peoples own gameplay preferences, often true AR nirvana :D might be better achieved by people making/ at least tweaking their own AR macros.

How is the burst timing? Assuming connection is a factor, on my connection that timing does achieve consistent three round bursts, if there is an occasional four rounds I've not noticed it ;)

BTW, if you didn't know about it already, I found out at the weekend that you can force host in GoW beta and get online private bot matches.. Obviously very handy for macro testing :cool: By adding friends ip addresses to the firewall you can invite them in too and play private matches..

There's a guide HERE