Halo Reach drivers

barber1

Halo 3 & ODST drivers don't work on Halo Reach especially if your shooting the machine gun in the back of the warthog any new drivers coming out for Halo Reach?

odingalt

Staff member
Just dial in a new speed, there's never been anything special about Halo series, just need to change the speed depending on which series you are playing. Grab the custom driver editor.

ian_tweed

Any chance of a driver with the following:

left tac: X button (not rapid, just the X button)
Right tac: rapid fire

I'd love that preset, and it can't be hard to knock up.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

ian_tweed said:
Any chance of a driver with the following:

left tac: X button (not rapid, just the X button)
Right tac: rapid fire

I'd love that preset, and it can't be hard to knock up.
you can do this with the macro controller

ian_tweed

I know. Buy I have a Raven that I bought 4 months ago on the promise of never having to buy another modded controller due to Viking's updates...

Here's hoping for a Reach driver (as I suggested) or a tweak to the preset editor to allow rapid fire on the right tax and X on the left tac.

modded matt

dont hold your breath for a new driver. use the preset and make your own.

is is just a standard RF signal. the only problem is with the in game coding for reach, each gun needs a diferent speed to fire smoothly. so you need to make a preset with each mode being difrent speeds.

I have no clue why you would want rf on a tact, or to relocate the x button. neither of these ideas make any since.

ian_tweed

Rapid fire on the tac is desirable to me because many guns require normal trigger function. It is easier to use the right tac for rapid than keep switching rapid fire on/off the trigger. Secondly, the modded controller I had before (Evil) had rapid fire on the tac, so I'm used to that.

As for the X button moving to left tac, my reason is that my preferred control scheme is Bumper Jumper (LB is jump, X button is Armour Ability). It would be nice to have X on the left tac so that I could use Armour Abilities without taking my hand of the right stick.

I can't use the Preset to make my own as it doesn't let me map X to left tac or rf to right tac.

You are right about Reach and the different guns not firing smootly. I'm not too bothered about that though. The most important guns are the DMR and the pistol, both of which don't need a high fire rate. I only use rapid fire on them when up close because of the bloom.

At the moment I'm using the All in one preset with rapid fire on the right tac. Mode 1 gives smooth firing for the Assault rifle, so I pick that. Having X on hte left tac would be better though.