halo reach fable controller

sly3571

I am wondering if there's is any time frame that these would be available i think a halo viking controller would be sick. I just wonder if there would be a demand for it as well as the fable controller.
I also noticed that when you buy the reach controller it comes with an avatar item. Would we also receive that as well ? yea Im one of those people that collect all the goofy things its a habit. I cant wait to get my hands on this lil puppy. I have to wait 2 months due to bills damned the bad luck. Thanks in advance and viking pwns all the competition

odingalt

Staff member
sly3571 said:
I am wondering if there's is any time frame that these would be available i think a halo viking controller would be sick. I just wonder if there would be a demand for it as well as the fable controller.

Agreed. We have already some Halo: Reach special editions, they should arrive by the end of this week and we will be listing them on our website for pre-order as soon as we are able to take photos.

The Fable III controller may not be available to us until the official release date which I think is 10/15/2010. Same thing there, we will purchase some and get them listed on our website just as soon as we can.

Our goal is to offer any and all microsoft shells available on the market, and also to offer through a rotation of one or two custom painted shells of our own.

sly3571 said:
I also noticed that when you buy the reach controller it comes with an avatar item. Would we also receive that as well ? yea Im one of those people that collect all the goofy things its a habit. I cant wait to get my hands on this lil puppy. I have to wait 2 months due to bills darn the bad luck. Thanks in advance and viking pwns all the competition

Yes. If these special edition microsoft controllers come with any special item(s) such as the avatar item, we will be sure to repackage and include those item(s) with your The Viking modded controller.

sly3571

Thanks for the fast reply im so excited wish i didnt have to pay rent lol otherwise id buy it now lol

obo

sly3571 said:
Thanks for the fast reply im so excited wish i didnt have to pay rent lol otherwise id buy it now lol
True that. Theres too many bills to pay these days. Not enough money left over for fun things.

t4ius

isnt it illegal to just buy random controllers, mod and then sell them to the public?, dont the controllers say not for resale?, and if not, do u have some sorta deal with m$ that allows u to do so?

odingalt

Staff member
You are thinking of problems with companies who produce new hardware, like Datel or Mad Catz:

http://www.destructoid.com/microsoft-su ... 9701.phtml
http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/1 ... kdown.html
http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-132502303.html

Microsoft can protect hardware through patents, or software through copyright. If we steal or replicate Microsoft's patented hardware, we could be found to be infringing on their hardware patent. Likewise, if we steal all or any part of Microsoft's software, we could be found to be infringing on their copyrights.

Datel and MadCatz were forced to sign licensing agreements with Microsoft for their wired controllers for a very simple reason: Microsoft's console will only talk to USB devices on their approved PID/VID list (this is a list of vendors and devices that are approved for use with the console, this list is stored in your console and updated via the xbox live network). They had to sign the licensing agreement and agree to all sorts of ridiculous terms in Microsoft, in exchange for a place on their PID/VID approved list.

Wireless technology is different. Microsoft 'invented' their 'X-Tooth' technology (I made that up, but we all know that Microsoft's wireless technology is nothing more than a modified BlueTooth that's meant to lock out people from making their own wireless devices for use with the console). So if you were to create a brand new wireless device to work with the console, or emulate one of Microsoft's wireless devices, you would be sued for hardware infringement because you were stealing the patented 'X-Tooth' hardware, or in the least, the 'X-Tooth' software that is running on that hardware. It is for this reason that the only company really selling wireless gizmos for XBOX 360 other than Microsoft is Logitch, and their prices are 2-3x that of the Microsoft hardware for a simple reason: Microsoft rapes any third party company that wants to sell wireless gizmos for the XBOX 360.

Enter the mod chip... and the reason for modding. Modchips have been used for many years on a variety of game platforms to legally mitigate the ridiculous policies of some of these companies. You know why there isn't a good mod chip for PS3 controllers? Because PS3 is very lax when it comes to licensing third party accessories for their console. If you buy the hardware, you agree to abide by the software license for any software that is on that hardware. So if we were hacking the software in the controller, we could be found to be infringing. But we're not. We're modifying the hardware, and we're not stealing or replicating any patented hardware or copyrighted software in the process.

We're legal, baby!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
You are thinking of problems with companies who produce new hardware, like Datel or Mad Catz:

Microsoft can protect hardware through patents, or software through copyright. If we steal or replicate Microsoft's patented hardware, we could be found to be infringing on their hardware patent. Likewise, if we steal all or any part of Microsoft's software, we could be found to be infringing on their copyrights.

Datel and MadCatz were forced to sign licensing agreements with Microsoft for their wired controllers for a very simple reason: Microsoft's console will only talk to USB devices on their approved PID/VID list (this is a list of vendors and devices that are approved for use with the console, this list is stored in your console and updated via the xbox live network). They had to sign the licensing agreement and agree to all sorts of ridiculous terms in Microsoft, in exchange for a place on their PID/VID approved list.

Wireless technology is different. Microsoft 'invented' their 'X-Tooth' technology (I made that up, but we all know that Microsoft's wireless technology is nothing more than a modified BlueTooth that's meant to lock out people from making their own wireless devices for use with the console). So if you were to create a brand new wireless device to work with the console, or emulate one of Microsoft's wireless devices, you would be sued for hardware infringement because you were stealing the patented 'X-Tooth' hardware, or in the least, the 'X-Tooth' software that is running on that hardware. It is for this reason that the only company really selling wireless gizmos for XBOX 360 other than Microsoft is Logitch, and their prices are 2-3x that of the Microsoft hardware for a simple reason: Microsoft rapes any third party company that wants to sell wireless gizmos for the XBOX 360.

Enter the mod chip... and the reason for modding. Modchips have been used for many years on a variety of game platforms to legally mitigate the ridiculous policies of some of these companies. You know why there isn't a good mod chip for PS3 controllers? Because PS3 is very lax when it comes to licensing third party accessories for their console. If you buy the hardware, you agree to abide by the software license for any software that is on that hardware. So if we were hacking the software in the controller, we could be found to be infringing. But we're not. We're modifying the hardware, and we're not stealing or replicating any patented hardware or copyrighted software in the process.

We're legal, baby!
Dammm E did you pass your BAR exam?...lol

a42ozslushie

odingalt said:

We're legal, baby!
I really love how you go in so much depth E! I always enjoy reading your lengthy posts! :D

odingalt

Staff member
There are a couple of inaccuracies in my post, I had actually written that whole post and rather succinctly I thought, then I clicked the 'back' button on my mouse and wiped the whole post out. I was late for another engagement so I ripped that one out without proofreading it. So no doubt somebody could poke a couple holes in my arguments, but a good discussion could be had about the whole topic.

a42ozslushie

odingalt said:
There are a couple of inaccuracies in my post, I had actually written that whole post and rather succinctly I thought, then I clicked the 'back' button on my mouse and wiped the whole post out. I was late for another engagement so I ripped that one out without proofreading it. So no doubt somebody could poke a couple holes in my arguments, but a good discussion could be had about the whole topic.
Still everything you post is very engaging and well thought out. Some of these things I'm like d amn, I'd only be that grammatically correct and spend that much time on a post in my ap lit class lol.

obo

a42ozslushie said:
odingalt said:
Still everything you post is very engaging and well thought out. Some of these things I'm like d amn, I'd only be that grammatically correct and spend that much time on a post in my ap lit class lol.
I know exactly what you mean. Einer is rediculously gramatically correct in everything he does lol.