Having trouble getting batteries to lock into the well

Leif Gregerson

Hi I am having a tough time keeping the battery locked into my controller, I push it flush, but the little latch tab never clicks and the battery sits just slightly out of the compartment. Ironically, it's the Microsoft made rechargeable units that have issues, the AA holder and the el cheapo recharging batts I have snap in just fine, and yes I've put the same units in controller that came with my console & they lock. My problem is, now that I can fully play I'm playing A LOT lol and the chip just sucks the life out of the cheap batteries like Dracula on a bender and not really wanting to rely on AAs. Does anyone have a better idea then tape which would interfere with the tac buttons

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Are you a plain black or a hydro dip? If you are a hydro dip you are a Chinese shell and I am wondering if it is the problem. My go to blame is the Chinese aftermarket shells.

odingalt

Staff member
(And to clarify, if you are an XBOX One customer and you purchased in the past 6 months, about 70% of the dips we have available come pre-dipped on a Chinese aftermarket shell. The other 30% are original shells that were mailed out to a US company to be dipped, and sadly that company went out of business. Which shell pattern do you have I should know for sure? If you are plain black then you have an authentic shell and I'm not sure what's happening.)

If you are PS4 or PS3 then we've only ever had authentic shells (no Chinese aftermarket).

For XBOX 360 it's the inverse, about 70% authentic and 30% Chinese as of late.

Leif Gregerson

I have a 360 carbon fiber pattern shell, to be clear, I'm in no way complaining. I was simply wondering if someone had a fix, I'm pretty sure that the springs aren't providing enough pressure to let the battery pack's latch hook properly, given that the AA pack has springs (or more likely those flat pieces of metal that act as springs) inside and it snaps right in. I fully understand the risks of buying aftermarket stuff, my dad restores cars, same thing there. :)

Last edited: