Headset Question

Awfulz

The problem you are having is probably with your receiver, infrared gives out a lot, and that's why they switched to RF. But I think X3's come with a feature that stops extremely loud noises from bursting the speaker, so try putting your infrared receiver to all the way up instead of down, then turn the headset down a little. Good luck finding a new receiver for X3's, it's hard to find the headset themselves now new, besides a few lucky eBay sellers. Also, in my own opinion with Tritton: I don't really like them. They have amazing quality, I can feel a flimsy in their wires, along with that they go everywhere. The headset is also almost twice as much weight than TBs, and the box on the cord for the mute button and chat volume adds a lot of weight to.. but the one thing I cannot stand is that the Tritton's connection cords just don't fit. When you try plugging it into an Xbox controller, it'll be an unfix-able looseness, like: to small to fix, but big enough to make annoying rattles and if it's in the right position, the mic will echo. Also, you literally have to keep your controller from moving around to just keep the cord in a position where you won't get this, so you controller has to be absolutely still. All in all, I've had a bad experience with Tritton. And Astros are really nice, but they are pretty bulky. So in my own opinion: the most "Bang for your buck", and also has the most features are TBs. I've never been a huge fan of Turtle Beaches until I got the X31's, they have amazing quality and noticeable effects (if you turn them off, you'll notice the difference when they're on). I'd say that the only problems I've had with the X31/X41 are: The chat volume control is very sensitive (but if you flip the wire around, that can be fixed), The nondetachable mic, which isn't a big problem since you can just let it go along the headset, and the RF frequency interruptions. The RF frequency interuptions can be fixed easily though, by just keeping most wireless devices away from the receiver, but if you need them by the receiver, you can simply mess with the frequency settings and get no interuptions. But like I said sometime earlier, it just depends what you want. Turtle Beaches probably give you the most quality, accessibility, and the most user changeable settings for your money, as Astros give you amazing quality, and durability, but for more money. In my own opinion, Trittons aren't even in the race.. every time I talk to you on Xbox (M1A1) your mic is always fuzzy and crackles a lot, and sometimes echo. You said you fixed it by putting in your chat pad, but I just don't think it's worth it when for the same amount of money, you could have a wireless headset, that weighs less, has no mic problems, and can reach almost 25ft. That's my opinion in Who Leads The Race for the Best Xbox Headset.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Awfulz said:
The problem you are having is probably with your receiver, infrared gives out a lot, and that's why they switched to RF. But I think X3's come with a feature that stops extremely loud noises from bursting the speaker, so try putting your infrared receiver to all the way up instead of down, then turn the headset down a little. Good luck finding a new receiver for X3's, it's hard to find the headset themselves now new, besides a few lucky eBay sellers. Also, in my own opinion with Tritton: I don't really like them. They have amazing quality, I can feel a flimsy in their wires, along with that they go everywhere. The headset is also almost twice as much weight than TBs, and the box on the cord for the mute button and chat volume adds a lot of weight to.. but the one thing I cannot stand is that the Tritton's connection cords just don't fit. When you try plugging it into an Xbox controller, it'll be an unfix-able looseness, like: to small to fix, but big enough to make annoying rattles and if it's in the right position, the mic will echo. Also, you literally have to keep your controller from moving around to just keep the cord in a position where you won't get this, so you controller has to be absolutely still. All in all, I've had a bad experience with Tritton. And Astros are really nice, but they are pretty bulky. So in my own opinion: the most "Bang for your buck", and also has the most features are TBs. I've never been a huge fan of Turtle Beaches until I got the X31's, they have amazing quality and noticeable effects (if you turn them off, you'll notice the difference when they're on). I'd say that the only problems I've had with the X31/X41 are: The chat volume control is very sensitive (but if you flip the wire around, that can be fixed), The nondetachable mic, which isn't a big problem since you can just let it go along the headset, and the RF frequency interruptions. The RF frequency interuptions can be fixed easily though, by just keeping most wireless devices away from the receiver, but if you need them by the receiver, you can simply mess with the frequency settings and get no interuptions. But like I said sometime earlier, it just depends what you want. Turtle Beaches probably give you the most quality, accessibility, and the most user changeable settings for your money, as Astros give you amazing quality, and durability, but for more money. In my own opinion, Trittons aren't even in the race.. every time I talk to you on Xbox (M1A1) your mic is always fuzzy and crackles a lot, and sometimes echo. You said you fixed it by putting in your chat pad, but I just don't think it's worth it when for the same amount of money, you could have a wireless headset, that weighs less, has no mic problems, and can reach almost 25ft. That's my opinion in Who Leads The Race for the Best Xbox Headset.
keep in mind that you only had tritton ax 180s and not ax pros or ax 720s.....so thats not really fair judgement. also i found that the problem with echos and the static is whe there is a fully charged battery put in