Help??

MODz

I need help with the custom drive editor. I have not got my controller yet but i have a question. When i open the custom drive editor you have to open a .hex file. Where would i find this in my controller??? And also my friend said the Thors Hammer controller has 7 modes, where with the custom drive editor it looks more like 20 modes?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I don't get the first question, but for the second one: His Hamme has 7 modes, you can create your own preset with as many modes as you want with the editor, or use one of the pre-created presets for specific games, or the all-in-one preste that has modes for many games.

obo

i'll try to help you out here.
-the .hex files are what you download to your computer from viking360.com. Its what you load into the HID bootloader and flash your controller with.
-to download the .hex files, go to this page right here http://viking360.com/download-drivers/
-the custom drive editer is a tool that allows you to create your own driver. You can basically choose any mode from any shooter game and load it into your driver for a driver that suits you best. In other words, you're basically creating your own custom .hex file to load into your controller. Before you can load it into your controller though, you have to first flash it with the primer .hex file, which is included in the file that you downloaded the custom driver editer in.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Yep, copied this from the 0.80 release No longer need multiple primer files! The editor now saves a .hex file that's ready for the hidbootloader.exe to load I asume that it stands for any version from now on...

MODz

Thx for the help! so, let me get this straight, i make the hex file with the custom drive editor and then put it in HID(something), and then it will be done?? Wait, i just confused my self :(

Fredrow

MODz said:
Thx for the help! so, let me get this straight, i make the hex file with the custom drive editor and then put it in HID(something), and then it will be done?? Wait, i just confused my self :(

Yeah..... I don't know if I can help you since you seem to confuse yourself.... How about you wait tell your controller shows up then try out the pre-set editor and if you have any problems then hit us back..... Which I'm sure you will be back with problems.... :twisted:

MODz

Fredrow said:
MODz said:

Yeah..... I don't know if I can help you since you seem to confuse yourself.... How about you wait tell your controller shows up then try out the pre-set editor and if you have any problems then hit us back..... Which I'm sure you will be back with problems.... :twisted:

Yeah im getting my controller for my graduation sooooo..... yeah im gonna have to wait. I have a rapidmodz.com controller but it REALLY sucks.

obo

theres a video about how to program your controller. Do you have the 3.5mm jack or the pnc option?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

MODz said:
Fredrow said:
MODz said:

Yeah im getting my controller for my graduation sooooo..... yeah im gonna have to wait. I have a rapidmodz.com controller but it REALLY sucks.
woooooowwwww 159 bucks for an intensafire...you got riped of my friend...rapidmodz.com sells XCM cases and INTENSAFIRES