Helping with hit detection problems in MW3

RED SOX

ModdingBros Co-Leader
As with previous Call of Duty's the presence of Theatre mode has meant that players suffer a loss in hit detection or 'hit markers', this is because as you play, you are constantly using a large amount of bandwidth to save your game in Theatre mode, causing lag.

Follow these easy steps to turn off game recording and possibly improve you're hit detection.

#1 Load up your MW3 game.
#2 Navigate to Multiplayer > Options > Theatre recording.
#3 Set 'Theatre recording' to 'Disabled'.

That's it, you are done :]

If you wish to start recording your games again simply follow this method in reverse.

Credit to: TheTechGame

40_ounce

I actually seen a few posts about this on other forums. Has anybody else tried this? If I try it I'll let you guys know.

titansfan2104

Im pretty sure your theater mode is actually stored on your HDD thats why you have to upload to your vault. People been claiming this but the majority have noticed no difference. The hit markers are just part of the series along with a poor host client!!
If you want proof , upload a game to your vault then go watch that game in the actual theater and you will notice the game starts instantly with no buffer whatsoeverthen go watch that exact same game in the vault and you will notice it has to buffer the game to load it!! im not 100% sure that its stored on the HDD but i dont know any other way of doing it .

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
I wonder if this works I wouldnt think it would cause the game is programmed to deal with that theatre mode but I could be wrong.

Fredrow

You know what, I'm calling a giant-phatty B>S on this whole thing....

I turned my theater recording mode off three days ago and have been playing the whole time with it turned off. I noticed no change at all in the game.....

So after running my own test on this issue, I have to say that the information left in the OP, is more of a myth than true/correct information......