HEY GUYS!!! check out my new HD youtube intro*had some fun*

odingalt

Staff member
Re: HEY GUYS!!! check out my new HD youtube intro!

I like the retro feel, speed up the scenes like those other posters recommend and you're good to go.

Remmnever

Pretty cool but I think 36 seconds is pretty long for an intro. I would think around 10 seconds would be ideal.

What program did you use? I've been thinking about getting Cinema4d but I'm not sure what other programs are good. Got Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe Premiere already.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Remmnever said:
Pretty cool but I think 36 seconds is pretty long for an intro. I would think around 10 seconds would be ideal.

What program did you use? I've been thinking about getting Cinema4d but I'm not sure what other programs are good. Got Sony Vegas Pro and Adobe Premiere already.
i used a free program called google sketchup...........

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Re: HEY GUYS!!! check out my new HD youtube intro!***updated

I think it's better than the first one, but maybe you should pause for like half a second on your name? I thought it went by really fast.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
I think it's better than the first one, but maybe you should pause for like half a second on your name? I thought it went by really fast.
Will do....on my next revision(probably after Christmas)

a42ozslushie

Alright you might think that's a long ass time but here's why

-I rendered in 1280x720

- Global Illumination rapes? computers

- I didn't decrease the shadow depth or anything which greatly reduces render time

- The spheres are not neccesarily lit up by lights, instead they have their own illum in material.

I have an Alienware desktop with an i7 980x8 core overclocked processor and 12 gigs of DDR3 with dual 1.5 gig Nvida cards.

Think how long it would have taken you...

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

a42ozslushie said:
Alright you might think that's a long butt time but here's why

-I rendered in 1280x720

- I didn't decrease the shadow depth or anything which greatly reduces render time

- The spheres are not neccesarily lit up by lights, instead they have their own illum in material.

I have an Alienware desktop with an i7 980x8 core overclocked processor and 12 gigs of DDR3 with dual 1.5 gig Nvida cards.

ok....i rendered in 1280x720 as well....i have a ATI radion premium graphics in my laptop( its just an ATI radion HD 4650)...... and personaly i think your intro is a bit overkill.....im only going to do commentaries....not montages!....oh and PS you can build a nicer PC for cheaper than getting an alienware...they are over rated.

a42ozslushie

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
a42ozslushie said:

-I rendered in 1280x720

ok....i rendered in 1280x720 as well....i have a ATI radion premium graphics in my laptop( its just an ATI radion HD 4650)...... and personaly i think your intro is a bit overkill.....im only going to do commentaries....not montages!....oh and PS you can build a nicer PC for cheaper than getting an alienware...they are over rated.
Agreed about being overrated. I would have built my own but I didn't want to spend countless hours of my time not knowing what I am doing (now I could put my own PC together)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

a42ozslushie said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
a42ozslushie said:

-I rendered in 1280x720

Agreed about being overrated. I would have built my own but I didn't want to spend countless hours of my time not knowing what I am doing (now I could put my own PC together)
i know its really not that hard if you know what you are doing.....

PS3andCOD

Contributor

I built what I'm on now... The AMD 6 core at 3.2, overclockable up to around 4, 8 gigs RAM upgradeable to 16. I kinda cheaped on the video card though, it's a $50 one... I can crossfire up to 4 of them if I want though. $1000 for the entire thing, with the parts shipped to my door.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
I built what I'm on now... The AMD 6 core at 3.2, overclockable up to around 4, 8 gigs RAM upgradeable to 16. I kinda cheaped on the video card though, it's a $50 one... I can crossfire up to 4 of them if I want though. $1000 for the entire thing, with the parts shipped to my door.
Get an ati radeon 5990!

PS3andCOD

Contributor

lol that's what, $300? I kind of ran out of money after I bought the rest of it... I don't PC game that much anyways, or I would have gotten the quad core instead.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
lol that's what, $300? I kind of ran out of money after I bought the rest of it... I don't PC game that much anyways, or I would have gotten the quad core instead.
yea but if you paid the extra money even if you use that for web surfing the card would last a LONG time before you need to upgrade....