How long do I have to wait to get access to the forge?

HagbardCeline

I have searched the forums regarding this problem and yes, I was emailed a login/password before but it does not work to get into the forge. The password is only 7 characters and I've changed it now anyway. Regardless, it doesn't work and I'm stuck staring at this brand new controller I've been wanting and waiting for a very long time.

This process seems like it could be handled much better than it currently is. I've put in the support ticket as instructed and frustratingly wait for a response.

odingalt

Staff member
The login and password are case sensitive. That includes the login. If your e-mail was put in the system as MyEmail@domain.com then you would have to capitalize the M and E or it will fail to log-in.

HagbardCeline

The login and password are case sensitive. That includes the login. If your e-mail was put in the system as MyEmail@domain.com then you would have to capitalize the M and E or it will fail to log-in.

Thanks, but I just wasn't sent the correct info at first I guess. I got a response earlier today and they got me sorted out.

It just seems that since the Forge is so integral to the function of the controller, it should be something you can access practically immediately after your controller gets delivered.

odingalt

Staff member
It just seems that since the Forge is so integral to the function of the controller, it should be something you can access practically immediately after your controller gets delivered.

Yes I agree. The original plan for the software was for the user to use the app register the device when they first receive the device (including entering their e-mail address to register). This got cut from the initial release, all controllers have to be manually registered at the shop so they show up in the system, then the user account has to be created after that. So it's a two step manual process right now, hoping to make it an automatic process in the future. :-x