How to switch rapidfire modes?

Bernard

I might be misunderstanding how the Ragnarok PS3 controller works, but I thought I was suppose to press and hold the mod switch while pressing and releasing the R1 button to switch rapidfire modes. Then the light #4 on the controller would flash letting you know which mode you were on..1 flash for mode one..2 flashes for mode 2...ect. For some reason mine (while playing MW3) will only flash twice. Other modes work such as dropshot mode...auto sprint...ect, but I can't switch rapidfire modes at all. Any tips or ideas of what is happening or what I'm doing wrong? Just got the controller this week.

Thank you for any help or suggestions.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Bernard,

The first thing to check is to make sure that the button layout you selected in Call of Duty matches the button layout that you programmed into the controller. If your controller does not match your game options, you will run into all sorts of quirky behavior:

This controller supports all nine Call of Duty button layouts!
To switch to a different button layout, hold your mod switch and hold the triangle button. Then count the number of blinks on the LEDs:
Mode 1: Default
Mode 2: Tactical
Mode 3: Lefty
Mode 4: Nom4d
Mode 5: Charlie
Mode 6: Default Alt
Mode 7: Tactical Flipped
Mode 8: Lefty Flipped
Mode 9: Nom4d Flipped

Bernard

Hi Bernard,

The first thing to check is to make sure that the button layout you selected in Call of Duty matches the button layout that you programmed into the controller. If your controller does not match your game options, you will run into all sorts of quirky behavior:

This controller supports all nine Call of Duty button layouts!
To switch to a different button layout, hold your mod switch and hold the triangle button. Then count the number of blinks on the LEDs:
Mode 1: Default
Mode 2: Tactical
Mode 3: Lefty
Mode 4: Nom4d
Mode 5: Charlie
Mode 6: Default Alt
Mode 7: Tactical Flipped
Mode 8: Lefty Flipped
Mode 9: Nom4d Flipped
Thank you for the reply. I verified I am in "Default" mode 1 on both the controller and in the MW3 game (button layout). Again when I turn on rapidfire I get two quick flashes on light #4. It won't switch to any other programmable rapidfire. Am I correct that I should be able to hold the mod switch and then press the R1 button to switch between different rapidfire modes that are programmed in the rapidfire slots? It might be that I'm not understanding how the controller works.

Bernard

Odingalt - I believe I figured out the issue. From the directions that came with the controller it says to "Hold the mod switch on back of controller, then tap a stock button to toggle the mode". For me to toggle the rapidfire modes I have to hold both the mod switch and the R1 button. Then the controller will cycle through the rapid fire modes.